Chapter 2: Play with Me

A zombie came into screen, Ao aimed at it with the gun and fired. Headshot. A few dozen of undead filed as another wave came.

"Why did I bet against her?" Matsunaga planted his face on the side of the game console in agony.

Why did he even bet that if he wins, she'll go out on a date with him. And if she wins, he'll do anything she says. Which was a really bad idea. Matsunaga was broke from all the merchandises that Ao asked for him to buy.

"I never knew that she could be this extravagant when she has money," Matsunaga shakes his wallet down but nothing came out but for his identification card in school, "why does my little sister Nozomi has such a vulgar taste when it comes to things she likes?"

He turned to Natsuki who just came by and was accompanied by Keiichi, "you! Natsuki, why haven't you invited Kobayakawa-san? Spit Woman could have come with her,"

Natsuki smiled apologetically, "I did. Yukirin told me so,"

Matsunaga grabbed him by the collar, "then, why? Why!?"

Natsuki was taken aback by the way his friend was acting"Kobayakawa-san said she has to study for her tests this weekend. I can't force her to come,"

Matsunaga loosened his grip on Natsuki and let him go. He came back to his game console emo corner and started growing mushrooms.

"Then what about Nozomi?" Keiichi added.

For seconds there, the atmosphere felt heavy. So thick that Keiichi could feel it and notice it. Natsuki was busy with Matsunaga and the people that are also in the arcade were far away. Keiichi was just the only one. He noticed Ao shaking, the gun was shaking on her hands as she replied, "she doesn't feel well,"

And a whisper he couldn't hear from this distance. He knew she was saying something. He doesn't know lip reading but he managed to make out 'because' and 'you'.

"Because of me?" He muttered. Then he smirked at her, "I like her already."

Keiichi walked and stands beside Ao. He took the player two gun. The player two screen was flashing 'Game Over'. He inserted a coin to play with her. Then they shoot zombies that dare to come.

"Nomi- No-Nozomi? How do you know her?" Her blue eyes were staring far. It was blank. She was staring blankly into the screen while shooting.

"Nozomi? She's one of the girls that confessed to me," Keiichi lightly chuckled, "guess there's no one to accept who I really am,"

He added, "she was the farthest that ever came," he kept shooting, "I did try to warn her. But she kept fawning over me,"

Ao's part of the screen flashed 'Game Over' as she puts back the gun on its place, "she's too fragile. I don't want you polluting her mind. Stay away from her,"

"Polluting? Sora-san, what are you pulling?" his own metaphor became literal as he sees Ao pulling the flower brooch from her cap.

She grabbed his free hand and placed it on his palms, "Sora-san, what are you doing?" Not exactly placing it on his palms.

She pricked his palm with the pin. Keiichi tried to pull free his hand but was unable. He couldn't believe this was the grip of a girl. Ao set the pin dipper into his palm. Keiichi winced and dropped the gun and it was swinging down back and forth with its wires dangling. When he was about to yell out a scream of pain, Ao pulled the pin away. Blood oozed out like a fountain.

Keiichi hissed, "what was that for?" He grasps his wrist with the wound on his palm.

Ao pinned back the brooch on her baseball cap, "it was punishment," she stares at his palm with silent amusement in her eyes.