A Thunderstorm

A thunderstorm was happening outside, ferociously attacking my window. The room felt cold, despite having heat blast throughout the house. The raining started about an hour ago and has interrupted my sleep. My eyes remained closed, however, my mind was insatiably active. I could not stop thinking about the showers. After that interruption, I immediately hid, leaving the nasally voice to sneer at the only other person in the shower. I could not take the risk of being seen with him. Despite my feelings, the thought of being seen with a bottom-feeder like that would utterly ruin my reputation. 

His eyes though, so blue and so perfect. Every time they stared into mine I could not help but melt. What an interesting world it would be, if his and mine could effortlessly be united. 

The alarm started buzzing. I slowly peeled open my eyes.

3:34 AM. Great. 

I rolled over in my bed, and in the empty space I felt wetness. I picked my neck up and pressed my hand against the mattress. It was completely soaked. 

"Have I wet the bed?" I muttered. I smelled it, cautiously. The smell of the sheets was pungent, but not of urine. 

"What the fuck?" I sat up completely and turned on the lamp at my bedside. The whole room was covered in puddles and wet spots. As I was waking up more, I head sloshing around the room. I felt something slimy on my hand and looked down. To my horror, tiny, wriggling fishes were scattered all over my bed. I immediately leaped off. I felt cold sweat all over my body, my heart started racing and I couldn't control my breath. I saw something long and glistening squirming around under my bed and immediately bolted for the door. 

I felt ridiculous, hopping on one foot trying to avoid the puddles around the floor. I couldn't help but be cautious, I didn't want my foot to come in contact with something cold and slimy. 

I felt disgusting all over. As soon as I got out of the room, I started for the bathroom door. The closer I was to it, the more I heard muffling sounds. I started walking slower, leaning forward and straining my ear. 

"Please, stop. You know I mean well, please." A voice whimpered. 

I rested my hand on the doorknob.

"Oh high heaven, please stop!"

My breathing grew shaky, my hand started quivering.

I heard some sort of a chirping sound, followed by a man's crying. 

I turned the doorknob, careful not to make any noise.

The man's sobs were more audible, and this time I could hear sloshing water in the background.

I open the door slightly, peeking through the crack. It was too blurry to tell what was going on. All I could make out was an orange blur in the bathtub. 

I inhaled deeply. This was my home, I had every damn right to know what on earth was going on here. My grip on the doorknob tightened and in one swift motion, I flung the door open. 

Light seared into my eyes. As soon as the scene in front of me grew visible, my mouth dried up and my chest felt heavy. 

I stood there, motionless, as the wet, blue eyes of my lover stared into mine. On top of him was a massive dolphin, indifferent to my presence and continuing to squeal and thrust. 

"Oh... my..."

"Alex--" His eyes looked down to the floor. Ashamed. Humiliated. He clenched his teeth and tried to hold in his sobs. 

The dead eyed beast looked at me. It made its God-awful noise and sloshed around the tub in irregular, demonic motions. With its tail the monster pushed its victim on to the cold tiles and smiled. 

I ran to his aid, holding him close to my chest. 

"No... Alex," he said. "Please... just--"

The disgusting creature started laughing. Tears of anger and frustration filled my eyes. I stood and up and dragged my beloved out of this awful scene. And away from those cold dead eyes. 

This entire place did not feel safe to me anymore. I put his arms around my shoulder and went out into the yard.  I laid him down onto the grass and sat in front of him. He looked into my eyes, a look of guilt and indignity clouding his face. 

"Alex, I..."

I placed my finger on his lips, letting it linger. "Don't say a thing," I whispered. "You don't need to say a thing."