Chapter 34.

HARRY'S POV:

I had been wanting to do this for the longest time. Saying this just lifted the heaviest weight off of my shoulders. I wasn't being selfish, at least that's what I thought. I didn't think I was only thinking of myself. I was thinking of Darcy's safety as well as Cynthia's.

But this I what I had been wanting to do for so long, to stand up to Simon and tell him I wanted out of the contract. I'm sure once the boys hear about this, they'll flip.. And honestly, I don't wanna be there to see them flip out. Because this wasn't going to be "us" anymore. It was going to be "them" now. They'd probably call me and try to persuade me to come back, but that wasn't going to work this time. I wasn't trying to be mean, or come off as an air head.. but I wanted out. And no matter how many people tell me I can't do that, I'm doing it. Just watch me.

CYNTHIA'S POV:

I sat there on the bed, unable to move in the silent room. I was more shocked than Simon probably was. I knew Harry wanted to leave, but I didn't know he wanted it this bad. And it broke my heart into a million pieces.

He kneels down in front of me, spreading my legs and placing his hands on my thighs as he looks up at me. I look at him with a blank expression as he stared back into my eyes with a sincere glint in his eye.

"Please don't be mad at me, love," he whispers.

"I'm not mad," I tell him. "If I was, I wouldn't be talking to you."

"Well, I really wanted this and I've told you so many times be--"

"Can we not talk about this now?" I ask him. "Can I just ask you why the hell we're in Cheshire?"

"I, uh.." he stammers. "I guess I just get away from L.A for a bit.."

----

The air was chilly, and the sky was covered in gray clouds, giving off a sort of gloomy feeling. It was much colder than it was in Los Angeles, but I loved it.

Darcy was growing quickly. Way too fast, and believe me, I hated it. I wanted her to stay the same way, but obviously that isn't possible. Harry was gone most of the time. He came and he went, claiming he was going out to run errands, insisting that I stayed home. Something told me that he was lying. But honestly, I didn't wanna start anything between us. Our marriage was just started to get better, and somehow the cuts and bruises were healing quickly. Things were getting back to the way they were before. There was just one thing we needed to finish. Well, two things, but we preferred we keep the second thing on a low until he gains the confidence and the courage to do it.

We needed to finish school.

But going to school in Cheshire would be different for me. It's a whole new thing for me, and I knew it was going to be different than it was in America. I didn't care, finishing up my senior year is what I wanted more than anything. And even though I won't know a lot of people, people will definitely know Harry. But he won't know them.

I was already on my toes, having to get a babysitter for Darcy so that I wouldn't have to worry about it. We already enrolled ourselves in Cheshire High yesterday, and we had to be in the correct uniform. I had to wear a plaid skirt, high socks, my hair had to be in a bun. Not to forget that I have to wear a red tie, along with a white dress shirt. Who wears this at school anymore, anyway?

"You ready, Cynthia?" Harry shouts from outside of the bathroom.

I stare at myself in the mirror, flattening out my skirt with my hands. I felt like a child, wearing stuff like this. This definitely wasn't my style, and I knew Harry would think I looked bad just as much as I saw how bad I looked. Whatever... I just needed to finish senior year, then I'd be done and ready to go..