Echo by Pam Muñoz Ryan

HAS ANYONE READ ECHO BY PAM MUÑOZ RYAN? I FINISHED IT YESTERDAY AND I LOVED IT! ITS MY FAVORITE (NOM HP) BOOK NOW! AGHHHH WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR GO READ IT!!!

Well, at first it seems like fantasy but it's actually historical fiction with some "magic" incorporated within it. Even though I expected more fantasy and not historical fiction, I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED! So it starts of with fantasy story about three princesses, a lost boy, and a harmonica. So, I'm not spoil in case you read which u really should. But long story short, it's a very special harmonica. And so the book is split into three parts, which are three stories about three characters and the harmonica. Eventually, the stories converge. The first is about a boy who wants to rescue his father during the Nazi's rise to power I'm Germany. The second is about an orphan boy who wants to protect his younger brother during the Great Depression in Pennsylvania. And the third is about a girl who tries to keep her family together during WW2 in California. I think you'll really like this book because it's very music centric. Music is really important in these stories. The first story character plays cello, the second piano, and the third plays flute. But anyway, all three play harmonica as well.

But OMG I love this book more than my mother. Jk Rowling, I love my mother, but I just really love this book! Sorry, I meant I JUST REALLY LOVE THIS BOOK! SO MANY FEELS I WAS HOOKED FROM THE START MY FRIEND INTRODUCED ME TO IT SAYING IT WAS A GOOD BOOK AND IM GLAD SHE DID BC OMG IM IN LOVE WITH THIS BOOK!

And the music parts throughout the book are so deep and moving! You can just feel the joy that playing music brings to these characters and how music saves them and empowers them.

If you're a musician or play an instrument, you MUST read this book! Even if you aren't, READ IT!!!!! And you must tell me if you do so we can fangirl together.

My only regret is that I finished it so quickly.

NOW GO READ IT.