Ch. 1: Welcome to The 1st Annual Dancers Games

Kendall's POV

"5-6-7-8-" Abby chants, her hands clapping thunderously. 

"Girls! Move faster! Hustle! Show more emotion!" She nags. "Competition is tomorrow, and boy will it be a treat!" She laughs. I roll my eyes, wondering what it is about this particular competition that has Abby so excited! Once we are done running the group, a funky, upbeat jazz routine, Miss Abby calls us over. 

"We need to have a discussion about the competition this weekend." She says.

"Yeah, where are we going?" My best friend Maddie says.

"Uh huh! You never told us." Jojo adds.

"Well girls, we are going..." She pauses, building up the suspense.

"We are going, right here! Competition is right here at home!" She reveals.

"So, competition is in LA?" Chloe inquires.

"NO." Miss Abby barks. "Competition is HERE. In the studio, here at ALDC LA!" Abby cheers, trying to get us to celebrate, but we all just clap halfheartedly, looking at each other confusedly.

"Miss Abby?" Paige squeaks. Abby had for some reason brought back Paige, Brooke, and Chloe this week for no apparent reason.

"Yes, Paige?" Abby replies.

"Well, who's going to be our judge? It's not very professional to have a competition at a studio after all." She remarks.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU KNOW ABOUT BUSINESS, SHRIMP?" Abby guffaws. Then she calms her voice down.

"I will be your judge," She says calmly with excitement to her voice. We all glance around, sending each other weird looks. 

"If you fail to impress me, you will get punished. Here is the twist." Miss Abby explains. 

"There will be one best dancer of the week, and there will be two worst dancers of the week," Everyone looks nervous, including me. I'm worried Abby won't think my facial expressions are up to standard. 

"One of the worst dancers will die." Abby says in a low voice, her eyes clouding over with gloom. "The best dancer will choose which of the 2 worst dancers will die." We all begin to laugh.

"That's funny Miss Abby!" Nia chirps, always trying to get on her good side.

"It's not funny Nia, on the contrary." Abby says.

"In the end, only one of you will leave this building again." She continues darkly.

"But, we're all going home tonight, duh!" Brooke sassily says.

"Oh Brooke, you never grew out of your rude attitude, huh. That may just cost you your life if you don't put some of that attitude into your dancing," She glares. "But to answer your question, you're all sleeping here tonight. We don't want any word of the big competition slipping out of your mouths tonight, do we ladies?" She continues.

"Gianna, lock it down." Abby bellows, and her assistant Gianna proceeds to lock all the doors from the wrong way so we are trapped in.

The look of panic is setting into all of us now. Something's not right. 

"Thanks, G. Looks like we wont be needing you anymore." Abby rudely retorts. "Come along with me. This way I can show the girls that I'm serious about how this competition will go." Abby says, leading Gianna up to the roof. We all rush over to the window since we're locked in. All of us can hear their conversation.

"The itsy bitsy spider went up the water spout," Abby eerily sings.

"Down came the rain and washed the spider out-" And with that, Abby pushed Gianna over off the edge of the building. We all gasp and Maddie screams, but luckily G grabs the window ledge before she hits the pavement.

"Hm, lucky. Alright, you can stay. I guess I'll need an assistant for the competition." Abby harrumphs.

We scatter away from the window as Abby's heavy footsteps come booming down the stairs.

"What is she doing?" Brynn whispers as Abby stops in the hallway, gathering something up. As she comes back into the studio, we see she's carrying an armful of sleeping bags.

"Ewww. Sleeping bags? We're not seriously spending the night here. In those!?" Brooke cries, wrinkling her nose in disgust.

"Yes. ALDC Elite team, welcome to the 1st annual Dancers Games, and may the odds be ever in your favor." Abby bellows, dragging a screaming Brooke out the door to her fate, leaving us all in silence. Chloe was comforting Paige, Maddie comforting Kenzie, and Brynn rocking herself on the floor. 

One thing's for sure, this is the most pressure I've had in any dance competition.