Chapter II

Hey everyone!! Here's the second chapter, and I hope you all like it. Remember to comment and vote (:

I <3 you all!

__________________________________________________________________________________

When we arrived King's Cross, we quickly found the Potters: Harry, Ginny, Lily, and James. We greeted everyone, and I got a peck on the cheek from James, causing my cheeks to immediately turn as red as Ron's hair.

"How's it going, gorgeous?" said James.

"Not badly. And you?" I asked.

"It's better now, because you're here," he responded, half-smirking.

I rolled my eyes. Suddenly, my vision went black as a pair of large hands covered my eyes. I screamed loudly, earning loads of strange looks from the Muggles passing by. I whipped my wand out, ready to curse whomever had to audacity and cowardice to attack me while my back was turned. However, my anger was wasted. When I turned around, I found myself facing none other than, Albus Severus Potter, my other best friend. I squealed as I gave him a huge hug. I hadn't seen him or the rest of his family in almost a month; they had been in Romania, visiting Charlie, his wife Olivia, and their twin boys, Jacob and Joshua.

As we walked to the barrier between Platforms 9 and 10, Al and I caught up. He told me all about the dragons in Romania, and how Jacob and Joshua were such pranksters. When Ginny overheard our conversation, she turned around and said, "Those two wreak havoc everywhere they go. I swear, they're the spitting image of Fred and George at that age."

The moment she mentioned Fred's name, everyone immediately solemned. The Weasleys were still mourning the loss of their fourth son.

When we arrived at the barrier between 9 and 10, we crossed in groups of three, so as to not draw attention to the fact that loads of wizards were pouring into the train station at that moment. Hugo, Rose, and Lily crossed first, followed by me, Albus, and James. As we prepared ourselves for the unnerving feeling of walking through "solid" brick, James grasped my hand, and Albus held my other. We nonchalantly walked up to the wall, then straight through it without arising any attention.

When we emerged on the other end, steam pouring out from the enormous red engine obscured most of our vision. We were hardly able to make out anyone's faces of the hundreds of figures shrouded in fog. We were soon joined by the other members of the Weasley/Potter family. After a goodbye to Ron, Ginny, and Hermione, Harry disapparated to Hogwarts, where he had to arrive early in order to help prepare the school for new arrivals. In addition to being the Defense Against the Dark Arts professor, he was also the Deputy Headmaster and head of Gryffindor, so he had many more responsibilities than the average teacher. Ginny and Hermione immediately started to tear up as they said goodbye to us kids. They each hugged and kissed their children, while I awkwardly hung back, but Hermione pulled me in, and gave me a kiss on the top of my head.

"You be good this year, Ava. We'll see you over Christmas break, as usual, right?"

"Oh course, Hermione. I'll see you then."

"Remember to write, and have a good year, all of you!" Hermione said as we boarded the train. Looking out the window, we saw Ron, Ginny, and Hermione waving at us, before Disapparating to the Ministry of Magic, where Ron was the Head of the Department of Magical Games and Sports, GInny was the Head of the Department of International Magical Cooperation, and Hermione was the Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. They had all been Aurors, but then they gotten promoted to Heads of Departments. Harry, on the other hand, used to be an Auror as well, but when he was offered a Head of Department position, he declined, wishing to become a professor instead. He had been encouraged to run for Minister multiple times, but had refused. However, he did keep in correspondence with Ernie Macmillan, the current Minister, often. I suspected that Ernie asked Harry for advice at least three times a week. Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny also had places on the Wizengamot.