I Think I Love You

Travis's POV

Last night at the campfire my whole cabin claimed I like Katie Gardner! So what if I do? I mean... I don't, but really. They need to grow up. It's like I'm the only mature one in there. (Lol)

But when I looked at her I noticed that she was smiling at me and blushing. With my obvious good looks, I smiled  towards her and my cabin howled.

"Travis and Katie, sitting in a tree-
K-I-S-S-I-N-G!!!"  Ohmygosh shut up.

I shoved Connor over and I noticed most of the camp was staring at me. Gods, I hope Katie didn't hear that.

Katie's POV

Yes. I heard it. But I'm not sure how I feel about all this. I used to tolerate Travis and his brother, but then they put the stupid chocolate bunnies on the roof and- ow- even thinking about that gives me a headache.

Without thinking but following my heart, I went to the Hermes cabin and knocked on the door. Travis opened it.

"Hey, Katie."

"Um hi. Can we talk over there?" Gosh he's cute.

He walked out and we went behind his cabin.

"So I might've heard something yesterday," I said. "And-"

Was he blushing?

"Nope," he said. "Whatever you heard may or may not possibly be true or not. But that depends on what you may or may not have possibly heard."

I stared at him.

"So... Umm... What did you hear?"

"Right, um, well I might have heard your sister say that you, erm, like me?"

His face paled. "Oh."

"It's okay if you do," I say. "Because maybe I like you too. Maybe..."

Oh gods. Why did I say that?

Travis took in a breath. "Then here goes nothing. I do like you, Katie Gardner. I think I might be in love with you."

He looked so shy and vulnerable right here. I love it.

"Is that why you prank me so much? I think I love you too."

And his lips were on mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer. He wrapped his arms around my waist and deepened the kiss.

Everything I thought I hated about him stopped making sense. I love this boy.

After a minute we pulled apart for air. I stared into his sapphire eyes and he stared into my emerald ones. But I couldn't stay away and we ended up kissing again, much longer. He pressed me up against the back of his cabin and I gasped. I pulled up at his shirt right as we heard footsteps approaching.

"Who's there?" Connor called.

We immediately pushed each other apart, but Connor already saw everything.

"Oh, you didn't-" he said, his eyes wide.

"Connor, please don't say anything," Travis put his hands out in defense.

Connor nodded slowly, the shock still in his face. "Just um, finish up. I'll be inside." He walked away.

"Well, I guess everyone will find out sooner or later," I tell Travis.

He nods and kisses me again slowly. I can't help the butterflies in my stomach. "See you tomorrow."