Blood 13

"Woah!"

Napasinghap at napaawang ang bibig ni Elisse nang maabutan sina Rin at Len na ginagamit ang attributes nila. That was her first time witnessing the two using their special skills. It looked like her sight was playing tricks on her.

She remembered Rin and Len fighting barehanded when they were attacked by the enemy but that felt like a long time ago and she wasn't focusing that much on them that time. Ngayon niya lang ito napanood ng malapitan na halos hindi na masundan ng mata niya.

"That's the strength of the twins."

She looked at Sam who's not holding a book, which was unusual. The girl went beside her.

Nandito sila sa make-up class nila sa Combat Tactics at umaga pa lang ay nagbabanat na ang lahat ng buto sa katawan.

Elisse watched as Rin attacked forward without hesitation. A triangle shaped shards of ice was formed at the surface of her palm and she hurled it to Len with force she could literally hear the wind around it. Her twin quickly released a ball of fire in return. Ice and fire collided and formed a small explosion, releasing mist from the contradicting elements.

Len jumped in the air in order to dodge another ice shard which didn't melt entirely and purposely landed near Rin. She attempted a punch that the twin quickly avoided. Rin curt and gracefully slid her right leg, aiming a kick under Len with success. Before Len can even get up, her twin hovered above her, straddling her, and aimed the sharpened ice into her chest.

"Len lost."

"Hm," Pagsang-ayon niya kay Adrienne na ngayon ay nasa tabi na niya. Kasama na rin nila sina Asha at Diamond na magkatabi lang tulad ng nakasanayan na niya sa nakalipas na linggo.

Tinulungan ni Rin na itayo ang kakambal na si Len at parang walang nangyari na lumapit ang magkapatid sa kanila.

"Onee-chan!" Napangiti si Elisse nang yumakap ang mga ito sa kanya ng sabay at tulad ng dati ay hinaplos niya ang buhok ng dalawa na pareho nilang ikinahagikhik.

"Ang galing ninyo, ah."

"Thank you!"

"Nasaan nga pala si Ma'am?"

Bago pa ito makapagsalita ay nakita niya na agad ang hinahanap. Palapit si Ma'am Jennifer sa kanila habang seryoso lang ang expression ng mukha. "Let's start."

Kaagad namang nagseryoso ang lahat maging si Elisse. Pinipilit niya pa ngang ikalma ang sarili dahil alam niyang maririnig ng ng mga ito ang heartbeat niya. Hindi niya maiwasan ang mapabuntong-hininga. Minsan ang hirap makisama sa mga bampira kahit isa naman talaga siya sa kanila.

"First things first," simula ng guro, "basically, this is the first time na matuturuan ko kayo ─ I mean..." Lumingon ito sa kanya na ikinalunok niya. "Ikaw."

Elisse nodded slowly before lingering her gaze to her fellow friends. They've been here for a long time, and she's obviously aware that they're a mile ahead to her even though they all looked like they're of the same age.

Minsan nga ay nahihiya siya kasi kailangan pa nilang makisabay sa kanya para may makasama.

She's still in a regular section, except that she's taking some advanced subjects relating to physical improvements like this one to improve her battle prowess because unfortunately ─ she had no knowledge at all in fighting and tactical strategies. Since Adrienne and the rest were all flexible students ─ except for Asha who chose to take the same level as her, they were able to attend this subject para may makasama siya.

Right now, though, the class was scheduled specifically just for her.

"Let's introduce yourselves first." Tiningnan ng guro si Adrienne at nginitian. "State your name, class level, and of course ─ your attribute."