A Simulated Experience: Part 1

🎶Oops, I did it again- I took way too long- to uuupdate. 🎶

Whelp. It's official: I suck.

But it feels awesome updating again!

Okay. Guys. Guess what?
For the next 14 days, my family and I are hosting two Japanese exchange students! It's going to be so cool! So during that time, I will be busy. But, I'll let you all know how it's going!
(Okay, so as I was writing this chapter, before October 1st, they weren't even here yet. That's when I wrote this part of the author's note. But now, as of the morning of October 11th, they have left to go back to Japan. But I must say, it was an amazing experience having them here with me. If you have any questions, just ask!)

How has school been for everyone so far? Good, I hope.

Disclaimer: Why, no I do not own Young Justice which is owned by DC Comics/Entertainment, Warner Bros. Animation, and so forth. Why do you ask?

~•~

"Hey, you know what would be cool?" Kid Flash asked suddenly, catching the attention of his team who looked up for what they were doing.

"What?"

"You know that simulation thingy we have?"

"Yeah, what about it?" Megan looked over curious as to what her friend was getting at.

"Okay, so you know how it can simulate like anything? And it feels and looks real?" KF continued to question.

"Yes..."

"And how it can-"

"What's your point, Kid?" Aqualad interrupted kindly.

"Well, I was just thinking...since it can do all that...then maybe it can simulate superpowers. Like...okay, how do I explain this?" KF laughed shortly. He continued explaining,"Like simulate you having superpowers."

"Be we already have superpowers. Why would we do that?" Superboy asked.

"No, no, not for us. For Robin and Artemis."

Ah yes, the only two members of the Team who aren't present today.

"I'm sure they've wondered what it would be like to have them. Plus, wouldn't it be funny to see what their reactions would be if they suddenly had powers?" KF asked the group.

"So this is for your own amusement." Superboy summed up.

"Nooo."

"And didn't Robin say the other day that he was perfectly fine without superpowers?" Megan recalled, eyebrow arched.

"You guys aren't getting the point! Plus, Robin doesn't even know what it's like have powers, so he doesn't know. How about tomorrow, we have a 'training session' in the simulation thing. But the thing is, they don't know that they'll have superpowers," Kid Flash shot his arms to the sides, proud of his idea.

"That would be an interesting training session." Megan smiled.

"Right?!"

The other two glanced at each other. "Well..."

"C'mon! It'll be fun! And it's not like anyone's gonna get hurt," Wally persuaded. "It'll just be a fun, friendly training session."