Rescuing the Ruined

I quickly ran into the room and turned off the lights. I had heard his truck coming from about a half a mile away. Maybe if I pretended I was asleep then he wouldn’t hurt me tonight. He came in my room and I could smell the strong pungent odor of liquor oozing off of him .He staggered between the door frame and made his way over to where I was. He leaned over me and fell awkwardly over the bed on top of me. He chuckled and kissed my forehead like one would do to their wife all sloppily. “Aren’t you going to give your daddy a little kiss Katie? I couldn’t help but cringe at his touch.” So you aren’t sleeping you ungrateful little brat?” he asked through hiccups infused with alcohol. He hit me with the whiskey bottle he had held in his hand and I screamed out in agony. I could feel the blood trickling down my t-shirt. “You might want to get that cleaned up sweetie” he said as he made his unsteady exit. I limped over into the bathroom and took out my cellphone. I called Cammie my best friend. I cried into the speaker as she picked up “Listen Katie, tell me tomorrow, Brian is at my house right now and he doesn’t like me using my phone when he’s here. K. bye.”

Brian was her boyfriend of two months and she was already choosing him over me? I stuffed my phone under the carpet and sobbed.  My back throbbed and I grab the peroxide bottle and some cotton swabs. I got the mirror so I could get a view of my back.  Obviously couldn’t do this by myself so got a wraparound bandage from the locker and wrapped it around my back and hooked it with two little pins. I cried myself to sleep right there on the bathroom floor, too weary to go back to the bed that held so many repulsive memories.

The following day I went to school. I didn’t really like school since I got mocked for my gothic appearance but anything was better than my house. I made my way to my locker and got out my books.

Great science was next; my least favorite subject since I had to share a desk with a lab partner for the whole period. I made my way over to class quickly before the bell sounded. I sat at my desk at the back and surprisingly I had no partner until towards the last 30 minutes Adrian decided to grace this class with his presence. If I could look at a boy without getting nauseated I guess I could probably have a crush on him. he was probably 6 feet when I was merely a 5’1 so that forced me to have to look up to him to meet those soul deep blue eyes .he sat next to me in a black shirt that sculpted his chiseled body , and black jeans to match. He has shaggy black hair that fell perfectly right above his eyes. He had white skin that looked so creamy. He looked at me and smirked probably knowing that I was checking hi out. I blushed profusely. Mrs. Harold gave out the lab assignment for today which instructed us to dissect a heart. He rolled up his sleeve a little pass his wrists and I saw the beginning of deep scars. All this while I had been thinking that he like some others just wore dark clothes like mine to get attention of just because they liked the style. I was shocked to find this new truth. He saw me looking at him and he gave me a small frown. “So we should start now “he said as he and handed me a pair of white gloves.

I nodded because I couldn’t say anything. His voice made me quiver. It seemed so ruined like he was afraid to speak. It was so soft but demanding. If he had told me to go kill someone I probably would have been so eager if he used that tone of voice again. Am I to label it too or do you actually want to do something to deserve your grade “he asked holding onto the last of his patience. He started telling me where to put the names like I was some idiot who didn’t know the right ventricle from the left. I scowled at him but either he didn’t notice or didn’t care.

The rest of the time flew by rather quickly and the bell rang out and everyone was glad school was over. We passed up our paper and cleared the desk. When I turned around to tell his something he was already going pass me to the door. I hurriedly gathered my things but he was already gone from the halls when I got there. I signed dramatically and trudged to the exit f school.