Chapter 44 - Cold Farewell

" ~~~ HINDI KO KAYANG TANGGAPIN NA MAWAWALA KA NA SA AKIN! ~~~ " - kanta ko sabay sigaw habang nagkakreoke kami.

Iniekis-ekis ko pa ang mga braso ko at sumasayaw sa kanta. " ~~~ NAPAKASAKIT NA MARINIG NA AYAW MO NA SA AKIN! ~~~ "

"Maimai, tama na.... it's already 3 a.m. at lasing na lasing ka na oh!" - Lumapit si Jaycee sa'kin at pinilit niya akong umupo.

I shrugged her hand off and continued swaying, "I don't care. No one cares. He doesn't care at all." - sabi ko sabay tawa.

A look of sadness and hurt washed through my best friend. Na parang nararamdaman niya ang sakit na nadarama ko.

Yinakap niya ako, "Oh Myrah.... " - she sighed.

"No! Don't give me that! Parang kaawa-awa ko naman! I'm fine! Totally fine!" - I removed her hands from me again and danced in front of her. Proving her that I am right.

"No Mai. I think you're not." - she held my shoulders and looked at me with soft eyes. "You can cry you know. Don't hold back."

I never shed a tear ever since I arrived and I intend on keeping it at that!

"Cry? Who said anything about crying? Like I said, I'M FINE!" - I insisted pero naramdaman ko na nahihilo na ako so I sat down in the couch with a thud.

Pina-inom ako ni Jaycee ng tubig and she began to caress my back.

"Okay. Lets say you're fine and nothing heartbreaking happened to you. Hindi ka dapat naglalasing for no reason. Plus minors tayo duh! Patay ako nina Mama pag nalaman nila 'to!" - she sat down.

Nasa kwarto kasi ni Jaycee kami ngayon. She snuck in some beer 'cause her parents took her younger sibling out for the night.

"So what? You still love me." - I turned to her and smiled. Kinuha ko ang isang can ng beer pero pinigilan ako ni Jaycee.

"Yes. I do. And I do not want to see you like this. First time mong magkaganito and I'm friggin' worried!" - she exclaimed as she gestured my drunk self.

I waved my hand in front of her na parang walang paki-alam. "Psh. No need to worry. Ang saya saya ko nga oh!" - I screamed at the microphone.

Tinakpan niya ang tenga niya and she grabbed the mic away from me.

"Yeah! Ang saya mo nga! Parang hindi nangyari yung sinabi mo kanina! " - she was referring to the first sentence I told her before reverting to being a party freak. Hiwalay na kami. "Girl. Don't pretend that you're fine. You're only hurting yourself more. Masmabuti pa ang umiyak ka. Just let it all out! I'm here." - she opened her arms for me.

For a moment there, I felt myself getting sober and the stinging sensation at the tip of my eyes began.

Bumalik lahat ng sakit na pilit kong binaon at nakita ko ulit ang sarili ko na umiiyak at nakaluhod.

Damn. No.

I looked away and pressed the remote button. Nag fake cough ako at diniretso ko na yung play. "One more song."

Feeling rejected, binaba ni Jaycee ang kamay niya and listened to her friend.

" It's 3 A.M. and I finally say ~~~