Chapter fourteen; Blake

The car was bumpy along the rocky road heading towards New York. The large, sky scraping jungle forest lay ahead. I held tightly on to Christina's hand as her eyes started to slowly close.

"Stay with me Chris" I brushed her loose hair out of her face as she lay in my lap.

"She's loosing too much blood, we might loose her" Sophia held Christina's other hand while dabbing some oft hellos away from the open wound of Christina's open wound with her free hand.

"No, don't say that" I snapped at her. I wouldn't loose Christina, not like this. We drove into the city where there were heaps of crawlers, but none of them were coming at the car. The car got to a blocked off path where crawlers were surrounding a large area in the Times Square. I got out of the car and carried Christina's limp body in my arms as we made our way through the crowd.

The crawlers made a path for us as we walked through, to the centre of the Times Square where a large crawler, six times the size of the others was stood, although this crawler was purple instead of blue. This crawler must be the queen bee.

"Come closer my guests" the queen spoke in English with a woman's voice. "Blake my child, thank you for taking care of our princess in our absence, we have missed her terribly".

"What do you mean princess? What are you talking about? And how can you speak English?" I had a million questions on my mind.

"So many good and reasonable questions but for another time. All you need to know is that we will leave if you return our princess. The spirit in the young girl you hold so dearly to you both physically and emotionally. Your young mind isn't strong enough to understand our races back story but this..." The crawler gestured to its body "is not us, it is merely a shell. Lay the princess in the light of the beam that glows before us" a large alien like beam shine a few steps away.

I carefully lay Christina on the floor, but as I do she hovers in the white light. Christina levitates a get feet in the air as a black spirit like substance exorcises out of her mouth in a human like figure.

"Blake" Christina's spirit says a little rusty "I thank you for always taking care of me ever since we met. I have always known I wasn't human, but I could never tell you. The whole time during this apocalypse I've been trying to get us to New York so that I could go home, and now j can. The human part of me loved you but the alien part knew I could never love, due to my future and my real home. Blake, Christina will and has always loved you, but now I must go home and leave you all, we all must. Blake I give you two choices, I can erase all your memories of my existence so that you don't have to suffer the pain of my loss or I don't and you feel that pain of loss for me. It's your choice."

"Chris... This is a hard decision... But I'm going to loose every good memory I've ever had. I can't live knowing that you won't ever be in my life ever again. Christina, I'm asking you to erase your existence in my memory. I beg you" tears were in my eyes.

"As you wish Blake."

==========================

As the black extraterrestrial spirit that belonged to Christina swear led around Blake's head, erasing every memory of Christina's existence. All of Blake's best memories were gone but if they weren't, two years after this day Blake would have committed suicide after the pain of the loss of his first love being gone.

The rest of the crawlers had the same black spirit left their mouths and joined Christina's and the crawler shell disappeared into dust in the low wind. The large mass of black spirits swirled around the Earths content, fixing everything back to the way it was before the apocalypse, leaving Blake without a trace of memory of Christina, the woman he loved.

===========================

[SEVEN YEARS LATER]

"Push!" The doctor said to Charley who was currently in labor. "Charley your going to have to push" the doctor said again.

"I AM!" Charley screamed, in tears.

"Charley baby, your going to have to push" said Blake who was stood beside Charley holding onto her hand tightly. "Just think, a few more minutes of pain for a whole lifetime of happiness."

Charley began to push as she screamed in pain, crying her eyes out. "Here it comes" said the doctor. An infants cry filled the hospital room, handing Blake his new born child.

"It's a little girl" he said with tears in his eyes "Charley baby, it's a little girl" Blake had a happy, wide grin spread on his face.

"What are we going to name her?" Charley said crying in pain and happiness.

"How about Christina?" Blake said handing the young child over to her mother. Charley's expression dropped, remembering the three years of her life spent in an apocalyptic world with Christina who became her role model. Blake laughed and mouthed...

"I remember..."