The Leprechaun

I couldn't believe my eyes. There was a leprechaun picking shamrock in the field next to my house.

Everybody knows that leprechauns know where a pot of gold is hidden, but first you need to catch them. So all I had to do is catch this leprechaun and then I'll be rich!

So here is how I caught the leprechaun:

My plan is to tie ropes around his arms, drag him inside my house and not to let him go until he tells me where the pot of gold is hidden.

I grab two ropes, put them inside my pockets and walk outside. After I had closed my door, I realize it's winter and it's pretty cold, I forgot to put on my coat. I sigh and open my front door again. I walk inside, put on my coat, check if I have everything I need with me, walk outside and close my door.

I make my way to the leprechaun, who is still picking shamrock in the field. I approach the leprechaun and I say: "Hey!" The leprechaun turns around, he looks like an old man and I can tell you: he is a very ugly old man.

The leprechaun replies in a very low uninterested voice: "Hi". "Can you do me a favor?" I ask him. "No" he replies, again in a very low and uninterested voice. I think to myself: Wow, he is ugly AND rude.

I beg him: "Can you please please please please do me a favor?". "No" the leprechaun replies, then he goes back to picking shamrock in the field. "Why not?" I whine.

The Leprechaun turns around, sighs and then says: "Okay, okay, but only under one condition: that you stop whining". "Okay, I promise, can you do me a favor now?" I ask impatiently. "Sure".

"Can you tell where the pot of gold is hidden?" I ask. He sighs and says: "Sorry, I can't that you that".

Knowing he is determined not to tell me where the pot of gold is hidden, I grab the ropes out of my pockets and take a step closer to the leprechaun and tie to the ropes around his wrists.

The leprechaun tries to struggle against me, but I'm much stronger than him. I tie the ropes around his wrists and I start dragging him towards my house.

Once we are in my house, I let him sit on my chair.

I ask him: "Will you now tell me where the pot of gold is hidden?". He replies: "Only because I don't want to get hurt on my wrists any more. The gold is hidden under the pink plant in your backyard."

I'm in my backyard now, I let the leprechaun go. I lift the plant....

To my surprise, there's no pot of gold under it. That stupid leprechaun! He lied to me and now I won't ever be rich! This is a nightmare!