Karma Angel

Ace Merrill POV.

It scared him to think he could have missed the call from his beloved, but it scared him even more to think that he was actually going to talk to her again. After everything hes done to her, the guilt was running through his veins and he knew karma was nearing his him. 

It's just a matter of time..

He thought wearily as he finally murmured into the phone.

"Hey.. Holl." Can he even call her that anymore? Does he have that right to use a nickname if they were only mere acquaintances!? Questions ran through the young man's head as her smiling face flashed through her mind, a long with the picture lieing on the floor of his bedroom.

Maybe that wouldn't have happened if she was just a little earlier.. But than again, the anger of the situation had him trapped inside himself, and breaking that picture had made him feel oddly sane again. But now the guilt of his actions was creeping up on him, and so was the karma.

Maybe I the picture itself is fixable..

All he felt was guilt and regret.. Something that wasn't 'fixable'.

Holly Chambers POV.

"Hey J." Can she call him that anymore? They hadn't talked in about a month, so did that make them even friends anymore!?

Was John 'Ace' Merrill simple somebody that she used to know?

Biting her lip nervously she shook in fear of messing up, feeling tears of anticipation well up inside of her smokey blues. All she wanted to do was be near him, even if he had hurt her in the ways he had. She missed him, so much.

"How have ya been?" He nearly whispered into the phone, making a single tear slip out of Holly's eye. Can she go through with this?

"Good.." She whispered back, as if somebody else was near. "I'm good.. What about you?" 

There was a moment of silence as both closed there eyes and pictured a smile that both used to wear for each other. It scared Holly to think she would never see that genuine smile again, and it scared Ace that he may not be able to make her smile like he used too. It was awkward for them on the phone, so imagine in person.

Could they lie to each other's face?

"I'm good..." He lied through his teeth as he looked to the ground in shame. Even though she couldn't see it, he was breaking inside. It hurt to watch this unfold, and they both knew it.

"I've heard." Holly murmured quietly, making Ace's stomach flip.

She knows? Shit.. I gotta fix this!

"Yeah;" He awnsered flatly, not knowing what else to say. So Holly began her scheme, hoping to god she could go through with it.

"Listen, I just wanted to call an tell you that.."

I miss you-

"I'm over it, I just want to move on.."

I want you- "

You obviously like her a lot, and I'm happy for you"

I'm breaking apart- Please come for me..

"Let's just move on and forget it.. Okay? I gotta go, my boys in the next room.. He doesn't know I'm talking to you.. Bye."

I'm lieing, I love you.. I miss you.. Please, save me!

And with that the phone line went dead, and Ace knew exactly what karma had in store for him.. No love.