Part 10

Chase went back to sleep after that incident, I, on the other hand; was wide awake.

I started to get restless and tried to get up but alas, Chase's grip on me was strong.

His paws were sweaty as he held onto me tightly. I started getting worried about what could be wrong with him.

My walls torn down after that last thought. I shook Chase to wake him up. He didn't wake up, so I shook him some more. Finally he awoke.

"What's the matter Zuma?" He questioned with a voice thick with sleep. "Bad dream again?"

"I..uh." I stammered not knowing what to say. "Yeah...bad dream."

I was so glad he was okay.

"Its alright," Chase said and pulled me close.

I rubbed my head against him and gave a little whimper as I relaxed myself. His warm body helped me fall back asleep.

The next morning.....

I yawned and nudged my head against Chase's to wake him up.

"Wake up sleepy head." I giggled and licked his face.

He too yawned and stared at me with his brown eyes. They were so beautiful...

I didnt stop looking into his face until Sky walked by, clearing her throat.

"Its breakfast time."

"Right." Chase said and stood up out of his house. I followed along.

It was weird not having Ryder around now but I guess we learned to just accept It. Chase got what he Wanted; finally being the leader of Paw Patrol. Although, the journey he had getting to this position is what changed him for the better.

Instead of ruling all of Adventure Bay, he now claimed to owe his life to it, protecting it with his one and only; me.

I smiled at that thought and sat down by my food bowl. Rocky had cooked breakfast and ate his right next to Rubble.

Losing Ryder you think would have hurt us, but instead, it made us closer than ever. We all recovered from it and now would help each other out. Yes, we still had our problems but we got over them fast and laughed at it later.

Chase was the new gossip of Adventure Bay and I think he was fine with it. I always reminded him not to let anyone's words get him down and if they did, us pups would be there for him.

Everyone finished their breakfast and we went out to play.

Chase and I played Frisbee, Sky jumped on a trampoline with Rocky, and Rubble skateboarded with Marshall.

Everyone had fun until we got a call and our collars all flashed.

"Adventure Bay is in need!" Chase called out instead of the usual, 'Ryder needs us!'

We all gathered in the elevator and changed into our equipment. Chase jumped out first and I wagged my tail watching him. He was so adorable.

"Alright guys. It seems the Mayor is throwing a party...for us. She says she needs all of us there."

"For what?" Marshall asked.

"To party." Chase said and smiled.

The other pups, including me howled in excitement.

"Alright pups! Let's go!"

The End...

for now.