1

Marinette

"Chloe this. Chloe that. I hate my life."I thought to myself, while scowling and staring up at my ceiling, tears of anger and frustration fell from my puffy pink eyes and streamed down my red cheeks. They didn't know of my talents, why should they judge me?

Oh, yeah. I'm Marinette. I'm a loser with no friends. It's a new school year, and that means new people. New reputation *hopefully*. Ok, I wouldn't mind being a loser if Chloe wasn't there, as usual.

Chloe Bourgeois is the worst of the worst. She's a brat, in fact, I bet she bribed the teachers into letting her pass all the grades before now. I mean, she's the mayor's daughter, so she's pretty wealthy *cough cough filthy rich*. I don't know what she has against me, but ever since the very first day of grade school, she's always had it in for me.

I leaned against the wall while sitting on my bed, chilling on my long cat pillow. I was typing on my computer, setting up my schedule for the next day, AKA the first day of school. I was hoping to make a couple friends, besides my acquaintance, Nino, but we're just not close like we were in grade school.

"Marinette! Do you want to go help your father make the cupcakes in the kitchen?" My mom yelled up to me, snapping me out of my thoughts. I sighed and thought, "Sure. Why not? It's not like I have something to do or someone to hang with..."

After a brief moment, I responded swiftly, "Sure, Mom! Let me put on my shoes!"

"Okay, sweetie!" She yelled back.

I sat up and lazily rolled out off of my bed onto the hardwood floor, covered by my rug. I grabbed hold of my bed and pulled myself up to where I was sitting on my knees. My back immediately slumped over and I stared at my hands for a second.

I hunched over and looked under my bed for my puffy, soft pink slippers. It wasn't like anyone was gonna see me.

I rushed to the bathroom, where I washed my hands. I splashed water on my face and stared at my reflection. I attempted a smile and frowned when I saw that my parents wouldn't believe that face.

After exiting the restroom, I sighed and put on the best fake smile I could. My mother met me downstairs.

"Oh, Marinette! Great. Your father's in the kitchen. He needs help making the batter and sprinkling the cupcakes. Could you do that for him? It would be a great help."

I sighed, knowing that I was needed, and savored the feeling.

"Of course, Mom." I made my way to the kitchen, also known as the indescribable heaven where scrumptious aromas roam freely into your nose.

"Hi, honey!" My dad spoke without looking back, but I saw a large smile on his concentrated face. He was mixing the dough for the cupcakes, or at least trying. He managed to get 3 eggs into the bowl and a cup of milk, all while stirring.

"Here, Dad, let me..." I grabbed the whisk and bowl from him and started stirring at an inhuman speed, but I was born and raised that way, so it wasn't hard for me and my family. My dad added in the rest of the ingredients, like sugar, a little more milk, a hunt of salt, flour and baking soda while I mixed.

After the batter was done, I reached up on the counter and grabbed our special food colouring. It was turquoise, with an ancient ingredient that made it change the batter colour to a rainbowish colour. Sounds lame, but it's actually pretty cool!

I dropped 3 drops into the bowl and began to stir slowly. My dad had already heated the oven had the little paper cups open and ready.

"Ready, Marinette?" He asked. I nodded. The one part about my life that I didn't hate was cooking. I loved go bake. I baked teacakes, cakes, cupcakes, cake pops, you name it!

I carefully poured the colourful batter into the paper cups and my dad stuck them into the oven. After closing it, before I could retreat back to the comforts of my room, my dad reached out and embraced me in a tight hug. It shocked me at first, but then I sighed and melted into it. For once in my life, I was truly happy.

Adrien's POV

"Nathalie, could you put me on the phone with Father please?" I interrupted her in the middle of my studies. Releculantly, she nodded slowly and stepped out of the room to retrieve the phone. I waited until the sound of the clicking of her heels was faint and I bolted out of my house. Running, I passed the limousine. Passed the first stop sign. Passed the bakery. Passed the stoplight. Made it to the school.

Out of breath, I grasped my knees and panted, desperate to receive oxygen and thrust it into my burning lungs. As I regained control of my breath, I realized that I had 2 minutes to set my place in the school. I pulled out my "Perfect Plan." With my 10th grade smarts and accuracy, I devised a plan by the second.

'2 minutes' I thought. I dashed inside the open doors, welcoming me to my future home.

I followed a path of students, all talking about their summers and where they were going to sit. I made it to the administration desk, where I gave the lady my name, and she gave me my schedule. I ran to my first class, where the teacher stood, talking about permanent seats and the school year overall. I saw an empty seat in the front row on my right and wrote my name on the tag.

I stood up, knowing that I was finally free from my father's chains. As if on cue, my phone buzzed. I pulled it out and sighed. It was Nathalie. I pressed the button and prepared myself for the worst as I held my device up to my ear (but not too closely, it was going to be extremely loud).

"Adrien Agreste! What do you think you are doing?! Your father is OUTRAGED and you are most certainly going to get it!" I flinched at the sudden boom of her voice, even though I expected it.

After she took a couple of breaths, she spoke again, more calmly, though. "We are outside. Come on."

"Yes, Nathalie." I sighed. I began to slowly make my way out of the door.

I heard distant footsteps coming closer and closer almost too quickly. It was so fast that my head couldn't interpret what was going on. I looked up to see a girl running towards me, except for she wasn't running towards me intentionally. Her face was buried in a book and I heard mumbling, "Please don't let Chloe be here! Ugh! I'm always late! I'm such a clutz!" And then I heard something about a 'New reputation'...

Her voice was like an angel's, soothing like a warm blanket being wrapped around you, clinging to you for all of eternity. It would've felt so nice... Unless it suddenly trips over you and tackles you.

I bumped my head on the floor; it felt like a million bricks being dropped on my forehead. "Oww," I groaned. Then I looked to face her, the girl. My eyes widened at her pulchritudinous features.

Her dark blue hair was silky and flawless, her long, dark eyelashes, her rosy red cheeks, and her soft, pale skin. Then I saw her eyes. I was lost in wonder and beauty of those heavenly bluebell eyes.

"I-I am SO sorry!" Her beautiful eyes widened in shock.

"Its-heh- it's okay!" I managed a strangled laugh. She scrambled off of me and I sat up. We shared what seemed like an eternal moment staring at each other. I took in her other features and saw her really adorable clothes.

Suddenly, a shadow appeared over her, the haunted shadow of my bodyguard. He picked up her petite frame by her collar and stared at me while Nathalie came into view. In her hand was a tablet. On the tablet, was my father.

"Adrien, we have much to discuss."

Picture by me, please do not steal!!!

Thank you, captainmarvel165, for making this AMAZING cover! I can't thank you enough! XD