Chapter 14

"Okay, I'm ready." Louis remarked as he stepped out of Harry's study to the open air of the ship. Harry had came back in after their round to give him a new set of clothes that Louis was pretty sure belonged to Harry himself.

If the dried stain of blood on one of the sleeves and familiarly odd smell of animal fur was any clue anyhow.

He felt out of place in the clothing. He couldn't see what he really looked like due to the absence of a mirror within Harry's room, he was confident that he looked a bit ridiculous in pirate clothes though. Eleanor herself when she had worn Danielle's own outfit the night before had a bit of a funny look going about her, not just because she was wearing men's clothes, but just in general.

They weren't meant to wear pirate clothes.

It didn't fit them at all.

His mind wavered back to Niall, once standing amongst the top of the world, at the top of his country with the elite, was now lowered to a status where he wore nothing but tattered rags on a cramped ship with criminals.

How did he make that shift in life so easily?

He'd been so blessed into the world as a noble and he just threw it all away for Zayn and Liam because of 'love at first sight' or whatever?

Louis knew that wasn't him and it never would be.

Harry watched over him with analyzing eyes and Louis pulled at the bottom of his trousers where tightened boots were giving him too much friction.

"You look good." Harry complimented simply with a curt nod.

The prince scowled lightly pulled at the cuffed sleeve, "Why do I have to wear this?"

"Because I said so."

The reply was instant and Louis's scowl grew fiercer as he glared at Harry challengingly, "I don't want to catch a rash or some other kind of disease from these because I don't even know who they belong to. How long do I have to keep this on?"

Harry shook his head, his arms folding over his chest before he began walking in the direction of the ship's boarding bridge. Louis immediately rushed forward to keep up with him, his gaze marveling around as they began moving down the ramped stairs,

"If you catch a disease feel free to appeal to Miss Calder about it. She isn't onboard to be a pretty face, you know." He glanced over at the prince who halted his awing at the numerous amounts of ships in favor of watching Harry who smirked and winked, "You on the other hand, are."

Feeling his cheeks flush, Louis snorted as he turned his face away, "Well, considering how many assfaces are on that ship, someone has to be the pretty face." He quickly countered.

Even without Harry chuckling at the teasing remark, Louis knew he was kidding.

He knew what Harry really wanted him onboard for...eventual control over the Crown. Louis tried to not think of it that way, especially coupled with the fact that Harry could be an insanely ruthless bastard with not a single care for who he shot down.

The moment they made it to the dock, Louis could honestly say his heart was beating out of control.

So close to the city. So close...

"Here, put this on." Louis sputtered when Harry's hat hit him in the face, and his hands were instantly up to catch the accessory piece. Louis's little daydream fantasy was thoroughly crushed into oblivious as he stared down at the pirate hat within his hand.

It was the same one that Harry occasionally wore while on One Direction, red with gold linens and a single gleaming blue gem at the side that was connected to the mess of feather-like material at the top, the thing seemed like it was actually worth a good amount of money.