Seven

Farkle's POV:

I open my eyes and feel something laying on top of my chest. I look down and smile as I see Riley asleep, her head on my chest and one arm wrapped around my torso.

I look at her face and smile. She looks so peaceful and adorable when she's sleeping.

I kiss the top of her head and I see a faint smile appear on her lips as she snuggles closer to me.

"You awake sunshine?" I whisper as I see her eyes open for a second, before she closes them again. She buries her face into the crook of my neck.

"Sunshine?"

"Shhh. I'm trying to sleep." She whispers, as I feel her smile against the skin on my neck.

I look over to see Maya listening to music on her phone, her headphones on full blast, and most likely playing a game, not even noticing that we were awake. Poppy Joe and Lucas were still sound asleep, both snoring loudly. Now I see why Maya has her music all the way up.

I turn my attention back to the beauty next to me.

"But rilessssss. I'm not tired anymore." I am wide awake, but honestly, I could stay here with her like this all day. Riley in my arms. It's perfect.

"Too bad." She says, trying to sound strict, but I could feel her smiling against my skin still.

The train comes to a sudden stop and me and Riley go flying off of the seat and onto the floor, this time, me laying on top of her.

I lift myself off of her a bit, as I realize all of my weight was on top of her. "Um, hi." I say nervously laughing.

"Hey sparkles." She says with a giggle.

"What's going on here?" I look up to see Maya smirking at us.

"Um, nothing. We were just wrestling. See!"

"Woah!" Suddenly Riley flips me, and she is now sitting on top of me, pinning me to the ground.

"I win!" She exclaims, making jazz hands.

I smile, she's too cute.

"Mhmm. Sure. Whatever you say." Maya says, before she looks at Lucas and Poppy Joe. Both didn't move a muscle, and are still sound asleep.

"Oh, so they get to sleep but I don't?" Riley says playfully glaring at me.

I laugh and realize she's still sitting on me. "Yep. And sunshine?"

"Yes Mr.Sparkles?"

Not the first time I heard that one. We have lots of nicknames for each other, but sunshine and sparkles are the main ones that we call each other.

"Could you please get off of me so we can get off of the train?" I ask as her eyes widen a bit before she blushes and nods.

Why did she blush?

She jumps up, before helping me up. I brush myself off, and run my hand through my hair.

Maya stands next to Riley. "So, we just gonna leave them here or are we going to figure out a way to wake them up?" She asks as I sigh before stepping forward.

"I got this." I say before grabbing Lucas by the shoulders. "PANCAKES!" I yell in his ear.

Lucas LOVES pancakes.

He's going to be mad when he realizes that there aren't any pancakes.

Lucas's eyes open and a big smile appears on his face. "Pancakes?!" He yells excitedly.

"Nope. Just needed to wake you up. Please don't kill me." I say, as his smile turns into a frown.

"Ugh, Squeak, your such a jerk." He says, as I chuckle and roll my eyes.

"Yea, whatever freak face. Wake up Poppy Joe. We need to get off the train." Lucas nods and starts trying to wake up Poppy Joe.

We grab our bags, and get off of the train.

Lucas and Poppy Joe get off of the train shortly after.

Uncle Buster is waiting for us in a truck.

We've heard lots about him, he's a weirdo from what Riley and Lucas have told me and Maya.

We all hop inside the truck, and start driving to the house we will be staying at this weekend.

We arrive at the house about twenty minutes later.

I watch as Riley jumps out of the car, and runs over to what looks to be a treehouse. She climbs up the branches and goes into the treehouse.  Lucas climbs out of the car, and walks into the house with his bags, Maya following him.

"Farkle! Come on!" I hear her yell, with a giggle. I smile and climb out of the car.

I start climbing up the branches and when I finally reach the small porch of the treehouse, I see a small sign that says, "NO ONE ALLOWED INSIDE, ONLY RILEY MATTHEWS." The writing, that looks like she was maybe five or six when she wrote that. That's adorable.

Suddenly Riley grabs my hand and pulls me inside.

She shuts the door behind her.

There are pictures on the wooden walls, lanterns, a few beanie bag chairs, and a few other things.

"I used to come up here all the time when I was growing up. Not even Lucas is allowed up here. This was my safe place." She says, looking around the treehouse, admiring every little detail.

"So, why are you letting me in here, if this is your safe place." I ask, leaning against the wall.

She looks at me with a genuine smile, "Farkle, when I met you, you became my safe place."

A smile appears on my face, as I walk over to her and bring her into my arms. She hugs me back, and rests her head on my shoulder.

"I love you Farkle." Every time she says that, I hesitate. For a moment, I believe that she actually means it, but then I come to realize that she doesn't.

She only sees me as her best friend.

"And I love you."

Something catches my eye, it's a picture of Riley with some guy, which I'm guessing is Charlie.

I know that she hates him, and that she is no longer with him.

But, I still felt my heart break into a million pieces.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, I hope you guys like this chapter. Dyed my hair last night. It was currently purple, now it is black. Lol. I have done many crazy colors, like purple. But, I can't go swimming with purple hair, so yea. Dyed it black. Lol. 💜