My Virtual Heart (Kirito x Reader)~ Sword Art Online

This was requested by my sister: Underworld_Otaku

~Your POV~

Ever sense Akihiko Kayaba trapped all the players of Sword Art Online- or SAO- I've determined myself to beat this death-wish game and free all of these people. None of them deserved this... They're innocent people who did nothing to deserve this..! Just the thought killed me inside... [I spelt his name, then I searched up if I spelt it right, then I saw that I did, and I was literally jumping up and down getting stares from my family in my house XD]

And that's when I met Kirito, the guy that has the same goal as me. The one person who truly understands me. And the only guy who stole my heart. But little did I know, that wouldn't last for long...

As Kirito, Asuna and I defeated the boss for the 49th floor, we headed back into town, keeping watch of our Health until we were in the Safe-Zone.

Asuna was a little on my iffy-side. I know she likes Kirito, but she seems like such a nice girl..! But she was kind of cocky, and that really bothered me. But she was also a member of an awesome Guild, The Knights of the Blood Oath. [I think... Idk, I haven't watched it in a while]

We finally made it into town, and I needed to go shopping for more Health-Raising items. Kirito decided to tag along, sense he also needed to purchase a few things himself. As we walked along the streets of the town, we just laughed and smile, making a few jokes.

Once we both bought what we needed, we headed back to our rented apartments. I said my goodnights to Kirito and Asuna, and went to sleep.

~Kirito's POV~

[Y/n].

She was just like me. At first a Solo-Player, but then we grew to become good friends, then we eventually started a party with each other. Then we met Asuna, who's kind of clingy. It can get super annoying...

But I would give my life for [Y/n]. I don't know what, but she was different than all the other girls. And she was very unique. And that's what I like most about her.

~~~Time Skip until Morning~~~

I woke up and made my way down stairs. I saw both [Y/n] and Asuna making Breakfast. "G'mornin' sleepy head. T'day we have made pancakes, eggs and bacon for y'all," [Y/n] said in a Southern Accent as she flipped a pan into the air and caught it.

Both Asuna and I laughed at her Immature Nature, and sat down at the table as [Y/n] finished up the rest of the cooking. "So, me and [Y/n] had discussed our plan to defeat the Boss on this floor. And if we beat him, we'll be half-way through the game," Asuna explained.

I nodded. "Right, so what's the game-plan?" [Haha, get it? No? Okay...]

After Breakfast we're going to head into the Forest near here and defeat some Monsters, hopefully gaining a few levels on the way. And then we're gonna travel to the Boss-Room, then once we're there we'll figure out the real battle plan,"

"Sounds like a plan," then [Y/n] placed a plate dished with food in front of us both. Then sat down with her own plate.

We finished eating, grabbed our items that we may have left in our rooms, and then left for the forest. As soon as we defeated all of the known Monsters in the area and leveled up a bit, we made our way to the Boss-Room.

~~~Time Skip until Boss 100~~~ [Yeah, I'm lazy... So what?]

~Kirito's POV~

Us three were about down to Half of our Health Points. We were all breathing heavily, and were struggling to stand. The Beast in front of us was about Half-Way Finished, but none of us had the strength to finish him off.

[Y/n] went in for another attack. She landed the hit with her [Favorite Weapon] and shakily jumped back, she made it to safety, but was lightly scratched on her leg and couldn't stand.

I went in for an attack, I also made the hit, but was thrown back by it's huge arms, dropping my Health to 15 HP. "Kirito!" I heard Asuna yell.

I sat up, but saw that the Beast was coming back to finish me off for good. I tried standing, but it was no use, my legs wouldn't move.

"KIRITO!!!"

And with that, I saw the most horrific sight I'd ever see. [Y/n] was standing on front of me with the Beast's Sword stabbed straight through her stomach, but her [f/w] pierced right through it's head; dropping it's HP to 0. But also along with hers...

"[Y/N]!!" I gasped as she fell back and onto the ground.

Asuna rushed over with a worried expression beyond belief. Tears started swelling in [Y/n] eyes until they started to fall. But what killed me was the small smile planted onto her face.

I held her in my arms, not wanting to let go, she can't die! She just can't! We've gone to far for it to end like this! "Kirito... I'm sorry..." she panted.

"[Y/n]! You're gonna make it! I won't let you die!" Tears started making their way down my cheeks.

"It's too late... There's no saving me... But I do have to say one thing before I go..."

"No! We'll find a way! [Y/n]! Please..!" I started to sob. "I love you to much to let you go!"

"I love you too... Kirito..." And with that, she shattered into the all-to-familiar green sparkles.

She was gone... And it's all my fault. I didn't have any item that could bring her back... It's my fault she's gone!

Both Asuna and I just sat there in pure sadness over the previous event. But a strange light appeared in front of us where [Y/n] once was. It was an Item.

I read the label and it said '[Y/n]'s Heart' written across it. It was a Medium-Sized [f/c] Diamond. I picked it up and held close as if it were the most precious thing in the World. "[Y/n]... Why'd you do it?" I cried. "I would've been better off dead,"

"Kirito, don't say that! She obviously did it because she cares that much about your Health and Safety..!" Asuna reassured.

"Well look where my Health and Safety has gotten me..!" I yelled as the Game started to end and bring everybody back to reality.

~~~Time Skip till out of Game~~~

Me and Asuna met in the real World, and decided to have a funeral for [Y/n]. We gathered all of her family members that lived here in Japan and met at the cemetery. Everyone brought flowers to place on her grave, and said a few words about all the good [Y/n] had brought into their lives.

After everyone went home, I stayed after, just staring down at her grave. After a few moments of silent crying, I dropped to my knees in front of the piece of stone and started to sob.

[Y/n] [L/n]. The girl of my dreams, and the one who changed my point of view on the World completely. The girl who stole My Virtual Heart...