Chapter 16

Serena's POV

Something was totally off with Ash today.He was acting quite weird today morning.Well,he loves peanut butter sandwiches and he absolutely hates orange juice.Judging by his breakfast analysis.
But then,he didn't even take a bite of the sandwiches and he literally gulped the orange juice. That was truly unlike of him.I sighed as I saw him skipping past the kitchen to his room.

Rosa didn't turn up yet..Every time I think about her,I feel too worried..or rather, my mind is constantly thinking negatively.I know she's alright.I wonder how happy she might be after seeing me...

Alain and Calem were constantly joking about their tour bus problems as I responded with chuckles and grins.And that's when Cameron brought up this.
"Calamary!Remember when sleepy Ash thought Gary was Miette and wished him happy b'day at midnight with a kiss!!!That was so epic.Miette was woken up on her birthday with Gary screaming fangirl alerts."
I looked at the others for a reaction when I spotted Miette and Gary with a frown.
"You would do the same if you were in my place,and of course,its totally natural to think that a fangirl is sneaking in the tour bus when someone kisses you awake.ON THE CHEEK."Gary blushed.Cameron placed his hand on Gary's shoulder and gave a cheeky grin.
"Ash and Miette get all lovey dovey,its kinda astonishing.Judging by how active Ash is."
And that's when it struck me.I took a tissue from the dining table and found a marker in the cabinet.After writing,I gently tapped Alain's shoulder as he turned towards me with a smile.
I signalled to the paper in my hand and he keenly looked at it.After reading it,his eyes widen a bit and I sense some uncomfortableness floating in the room.

I don't know what's the big deal in asking what kind of relationship did Ash and Miette have.But then,what Alain said,totally crushed me underneath, for some unknown reason.

Miette was Ash's girlfriend.

I didn't know why I felt so crestfallen.But yes,I felt hurt.

I took me a minute to sober up and everyone paused talking as the doorbell rang. I being the nearest one to the door,went and opened it,only to reveal a tall old man,with piercing cold eyes,just the way you describe a person who will hurt you only with the truth.

He said something which I couldn't figure out,and gritted his teeth in annoyance.
"We need to talk."
I nodded and we both sat on the couch. From the tiny corner of my eye,I did see five heads peeking out from the kitchen.And the boys really had a very terrified expression.

I felt my attention diverting to him when he placed a hand on my shoulder.

"I know,in the middle of your loss,this would see rude but...,uhm..I'd like you to leave this place...five boys with one girl living together is....is not acceptable.."He stated.

I shot a blank look. Whom or what did I lose?What is he talking about?

I jogged towards the kitchen to find a tissue and marker and unknowingly picked up the one in which I had asked about Ash and Miette.I scribbled the letters on it and handed it over to him as his gaze averted on the paper.

What loss?

He looked at me blankly.

"Listen,I don't want you to stay here.I'll prepare a good apartment where you can stay all life,every problem is settled down,but all you need to do is get away from the boys..."He continued.

I felt tears welling in my eyes because of him confusing me saying some invalid reasons and for not explaining anything.

I could feel the couch dip as Miette came and comforted me,while the others were not as confused as I thought they'll be.

"Listen...hey..Uhm...I don't get it why you're asking this but uhm,your mum is dead. She died day before yesterday I guess. Accident. Dead before medical assistance."