Things Are Different

You were with Erza and the others.  You kept watching Lucy and Natsu and how they were being all coupley and you could barely look at Erza.

You've been dating for awhile and you had found that it was great. But only when it was just you two.  In public, you could barely focus on anything else besides being able to hold her hand or something.

"Erza..." You whispered, looking up at the taller girl.  You immediatly lost your voice as you saw her dark eyes met yours.

"What is it?" Her voice was quiet, but it still sent shivers down your spine.

"Can I um..." You shook your head in mid sentence.  "Nevermind!"

She looked at you closely, but decided to leave it alone.  She went back to talking with Lucy about something.  While you spent the next fifteen mintues cursing yourself silently.  You didn't talk to Erza until you both were at her house.

"Are you alright?" She asked, her hands on your shoulders, making you face her.

"No Erza, I'm not." You said, not seeing sense in lying to her.

"What's--"

"I can't even do so much as hold your hand in front of people!" You pulled away from her, turning away.

"I'm sorry--"

"No!" You shook your head and looked back at her.  "Earlier today, I was going to ask if I could hold your hand but..."

She smiled gently at you, and then slipped her arms around you.  You leaned your head back against her shoulder as she kissed your temple.

"You don't have to ask to do that," She said quietly.  "You know that."

"But people will find out or suspect that--"

"Does it matter?" She asked.  "Do you not want people to know?"

You were silent for a moment,thinking about what she'd said.  It was true.  So what if people knew?  If anything, it would stop guys from hitting on her, wouldn't it?  Plus you were dying to be closer to her the whole day.

"You're right," You said slowly.  "But people will judge us..."

"Only if they want to be murdered."

"Erza!" You shouted.

She giggled. "Just kidding."

You smiled, and kissed your girlfriend.  "I love you Erza."

"I love you too," She hugged you for a moment before whispering.  "You do realize that things are different now?"

"Yeah... Really different," You agreed, smiling as you hugged both stood quietly, holding each other.