~bring me down, your love is too high~

Chapter 1:

Here comes bad news, talkin' this and that

But give me all you've got, and don't hold it back

Well, I should probably warn you, I'll be just fine

No offense to you, don't waste your time, here's why...

Happy-Pharrell Williams

Riley Mandiro

It’s any girls dream when the boy they've been obsessing over for years walks over and asks you out. It was like meeting a celebrity, you don't know what to say or how to impress them, although the whole thing will probably blow over in a few seconds. It could even be a prank, and I had been a part of a pretty nasty one before, but when Colton asked me out it was real.

I had met Colton Parker in a P.E class in eighth grade, and since the day he signed my yearbook I hadn't stopped thinking about him. That was why I had to ask Colton 'you're not just doing this on a dare, are you?' when he first asked me out. He was genuine, a side no one but close friends saw due to his crazy personality. He was notorious for swearing during class, tackling people and talking down to others including me; but when you have a crush; every quality about someone is attractive.

I sat with my best friend Jade Castallo at lunch. She was everything someone could want in a best friend, but when I went overboard talking about guys, she was the first to make me stop. I wondered if she liked anyone, but everything about her body language told me that she didn't want to talk about it.

"I think he gets hotter every day," I said, eating my miniscule lunch of an energy bar and Gatorade. Jade sat beside me quietly eating her lunch. I knew she heard me, she just didn't acknowledge it.

"Muscular arms are such a huge turn on for me," I said, staring at that very same quality on Colton.

"He's your friend, isn't he? Go talk to him," Jade pushed. She, as much as anyone was sick of my nonstop rants about him. There was a reason I didn't talk to Colton. He had so many other female friends that were crazy about him, except he actually texted them all the time and all he offered me was a faint smile after school as I drove away in my car.

"Jade, you know that that's never going to happen," I said, taking a large sip of my water. I stared at Colton again. I scribbled in my math notebook: RM+CP. I looked up to watch Colton some more but he wasn't standing with his friends like he was a moment ago. My eyes searched frantically for him.

"Riley?" a deep voice said from behind me. I spun around on the bench to face Colton. I practically froze. "Are you looking for someone?" he asked.

Yeah, sexy, I was looking for you, I thought, using every bit of my willpower not to say it out loud. "No," I said, my voice pitched higher like I always did around him. "What's up?"

"Can I talk to you for a moment?" he asked, turning sideways to allow me to walk past him. My mind went into overdrive. Was he going to yell at me for staring at him so much? I did it every day; it would be no surprise if he had noticed at least once. I could feel my heart racing.

We walked to the darkest part of the courtyard. I could feel myself panting. If you're going to kill me, I think someone would eventually notice a rotting body in the middle of the hallway, I thought fearfully.

"Sorry I took you away from your friend," Colton started. I had to force my eyes to blink. I was mesmerized in his wide hazel eyes. His brown hair was gelled back on his head. He looks like an Abercrombie model.