Chapter 8

Kodias POV

I stepped out to talk to Doc (Sapphire) about Orion.

"When I checked his blood he has an unknown chemical which as it stands inhibits his bathroom, mobility and talk functions. It is coursing through his body and currently shows no signs of it being absorbed by his blood. I will keep trying to find a solution." Sapphire tells me.

"So you're saying it's permanent?" I asked.

"Unfortunately that is what I'm saying at this time...judging from his talk he is about 1-2 years old in headspace." Sapphire replies.

"We will manage." I tell him.

"If he is indeed your mate...he might figure out something. Does he know of marking?" Sapphire asked me.

"I don't know he is human though." I reply.

"Yea even in blood work he is pure human...so even if marked he won't have a wolf to shift to but..." Sapphire tries to say.

"But?" I asked.

"He might be able to mindlink you and not as a baby!" Sapphire answers.

"Can you research on it?" I asked him.

"Of course Alpha." Sapphire replies.

"Thanks." I tell him.

I then walk back into the living room to see Orion asleep snuggled up with my mother. I walked over to my parents.

"How was he?" I asked.

"He's fine but he did wonder if he might be able to talk to you in a normal way if you had marked him." My mother tells me.

I was shocked to hear that.

"Doc mentioned it as well and is checking into it." I tell her.

"Good to hear sweetie." My mother tells me.

"I'm going to make Orion a bottle before he wakes up." I tell her.

"Okay we will be here." My mother replies.

I soon make a bottle for Orion. Once it cooled down I walked back over to my mother taking Orion from her. I felt he was wet but had not had a bowel yet. I will ask Doc about it later. I then undressed Orion changing him into a new diaper and then carried him over to a rocking chair waiting for him to wake. A short while later he woke up looking around.

"Hi baby boy." I coo to him.

"Hi Daddy." He tells me.

"Ready for a bottle?" I asked him.

Orion nods making grabby hands. He is soon drinking the bottle quite greedily though.

"Slow down sweetie so you don't get stomach ache." I tell him.

He slowed down as asked and soon finished the bottle.

"Daddy...Ion twill ungwy." Orion tells me.

(Daddy...Ion still hungry.)

"All right let's go downstairs and get you something to eat." I tell him.

"Otay." Orion replies. (Okay)

I then walk downstairs and see that dinner was already set out as if on cue. Even a plate was set up for Orion at his high chair. I set him in the high chair but he protested trying to squirm out of my grasp.

"Orion...behave yourself or risk getting a spanking." I scold him.

That still hadn't stopped Orion's protest. I gave him a hard swat to his bum. That stopped his protest and he was soon strapped in his high chair. He looked at the food and then looked at me.