Creativity Meets Destruction

It was bright and warm outside. The faintest of winds blew in here and there, but it didn't have much force or impact. Ink sat on the short stubby grass, with a gel pen in his hand. He was drawing on a small piece of paper. The small skeleton loved to draw, even if he was only a beginner still. He was happy, cheerful, and very determined about his passion of art. However, sometimes..
Things would get lonely.
He'd have no one to spend time with. Well, he did have a brother: Papyrus. But he was normally busy with stuff and all. Ink was always called Sans, actually. But he liked the name Ink.
He sat there, doodling on the piece of paper. Finishing his drawing, he sprung up with a big dorky grin and ran into his house, pinning the drawing on the fridge with a magnet. When he ran back outside, he caught a glimpse of something strange... It was a small pixelated thing that quickly closed up. Ink was complete oblivious as to what the consequences might be, but he walked on over and turned to face the side of the house. Seeing something move from behind the house, the skeleton ran quietly along the grass and peeked around. He saw a strange looking figure... A skeleton! One who looked just like him, only taller with different colors and... some glitching on parts of his body? Eh..??
The other skeleton slumped behind a tree, sighing. He seemed tired but relieved that he finally got to relax.. huh.
Ink decided to go and greet this strange skeleton. He smiled determinedly, walking over to him. Holding out his hand, he chirped, "Hiya!"
The skeleton turned to glance at Ink, but then looked taken aback and jerked back a bit. He seemed scared..? Why?
"Uh..." Ink began to feel a little nervous. "You okay..?"
"Who are you?" the glitchy skeleton asked, his voice low. "Me? I'm Sans! But ah, jus' call me Ink. What about you?"
"I'm.. I'm also named Sans.."
Ink's eyes glimmered in confusion but amazement. "Wow! So.. there's more than one person with the same name?? Cool!"
The other Sans shook his hands impatiently. "No, no," he said. "N-.. never mind. It's hard to explain. You just call me Error."
"Error?" Ink echoed. Error nodded. The small and creative skeleton thought the name was cool and began to jump excitedly. "That's a cool name!"
"Heh," Error smiled. "Yours is pretty interesting too, I guess."
"So... where do you come from?" Ink asked as Error got up.
The skeleton stood still for a moment, silent. "...Why?"
"Just wondering. If it's personal, then I'm sorry-"
"No," Error smiled. "It's just.. you don't seem too fond of the multiverse, do you?"
Ink cocked his head to the side like a confused cat. "No.."
Error chuckled. "Well, umm, it's like.. there's a lot of universes. Yours is one of them. There's one that claims to be the 'original' universe, but don't believe it. It's called Undertale. And then yours is called Inktale, mine is Errortale. Also there's other ones like Underswap, Underfell, Echotale, Flowerfell, Under... bleeh, there's so many! I'd keep telling you but it'd take hours.." Error looked at Ink, quickly looking away. "S-sorry, this is probably really confusing or boring, huh?.."
"No," Ink giggled. "It's cool!"
Error gazed back at him again, surprised. "Heh.." Looking down again, he added, "do you ever get.. lonely?"
Ink frowned. "Yes."
"Don't you have a brother?"
"How'd you-"
"Every multiverse that I listed, there are all the types of Sans-es. And they've all got a Papyrus for a brother. Some are nice, some are cruel, some are lazy... ya know."
"Oh!" Ink nodded. "Then, yeah, I do!" Error didn't look at him. Instead, he just focused on the ground. "So, you surely shouldn't be so lonely then?"
"I do get lonely, because he's always busy with stuff," Ink explained. "But I occupy myself with drawing and art." Error hummed in understanding. "I do not have a Papyrus," he whispered. "What? Why?" Ink asked. "I come from Errortale. Everyone is infected with an error code or virus. It does not latch onto others from other universes. So, when a virus gets bad on someone, they lose the will to live. And they die."
"So... Papyrus died?"
Error winced. "Yes," he mumbled. "He would have been 6 a couple months back."
"Oh my stars.." Ink felt sorry for Error. The poor guy lost his brother, and lived in a universe where everyone was filled with error codes and viruses. "So.. why do you still have the will to live?"
"Because I am different," Error explained. "I remember when things are somehow set back. I jump from universe to universe because if I'm not in my own then I will continue existing and the virus will not worsen. Soon, I will move to the Anti-void. It can be a universe, but it's simply for those who.. well, I don't really know. All I can say is that someday I'll be going there. Dunno when." Ink looked down, sympathy in his eyes. He hummed sadly, and hugged Error. "You and I can be friends for as long as you'll exist," he promised. "I don't know if you're interested, but.. I want someone to be there for you. And that someone will be me."
Error stared forward with a blank expression, smiling and ten burying his face into his hands. "I'd really appreciate it," he sighed.
Nights and days passed, and the more the two skeletons spent time with each other, the quicker their friendship grew. Ink taught Error how to draw a few things, and Error taught Ink how to teleport even to the farthest of locations. One night, a couple weeks later, or maybe even a month later, Ink and Error were in Waterfall, looking into the night sky where all the stars happily danced.
Ink cuddled close to Error, tired. He yawned and then murmured, "Error?"
"Yeah?"
"Do you think we'll ever be up there?"
Error didn't respond for a couple of heartbeats. He then smiled at Ink.
"You will. I don't know where I'm going."
Ink narrowed his eyes worriedly, as if Error thought he was going... to an evil place. Ink grabbed the taller skeleton's hand, cuddling even closer. "I'm not staying anywhere where you won't be with me, Error. I promised I'd be there for you, and I'm keeping that promise."
"Heh," Error chuckled. "You're really set on that, aren'tcha?"
Ink hummed. "What are friends for, right?"