7 - Group Chats

Chapter 7

I'm sorry for not updatiing in awhile but I am putting one of my other books on hold for awhile so I can get caught up on this :) I'm hoping to be updating more often it's just that school has just started and I've been really bsy lately with the school musical stuff and soccer and cross country and beta club and homework and yeah

I opened my eyes as the marimba ringtone played. I groaned. I hated that ringtone. Who's phone was that? I sat up and looked on my nightstand and saw an iPhone 5 sitting there. I don't have an Iphone 5....

"Oh hey you're awake! How are you feeling?" Uncle Ben asked as he walked in and grabbed his phone.

I stared at him in confusion.

"What are you talking about? What time is it? I have to get to school!" I yelled.\

"You're not going to school. Don't you remember anything from last night?" he asked.

I shook my head. Then I suddenly remembered.

Flashback

"Um Hayden you ok there? You look pale," Uncle Ben said. 

"I'm fine," I groaned as I sat up straighter on the couch. Truth is I wasn't fine. I had a horrible headache and my stomach hurt alot.

"Ok but if you aren't feeling well I'll be in my room," he said and walked down the hall towards his room.

Suddenly the doorbell rang. I groaned again. I didn't want to get up.

I slowly stood up but then dizziness struck me and I fell down on the couch again.

I bit my lip to keep from yelling in pain. Not only my stomach hurt but I must've have pulled a muscle somewhere too.

After a few minutes, the door just opened.

"Hayden? Are you okay?" two voices asked. I looked up and saw Rob and Alex standing there.

Suddenly the nausea hit me. I ran up from the couch and into the bathroom leaving them in there. I shut the door and locked it and then threw up in the toilet.

I heard them banging on the door and Uncle Ben too but I didn't answer. I felt like I couldn't move or speak. I just sat there on the floor for what felt like hours.

And when the door finally opened I had blacked out

End Flashback

"Oh yeah," I mumbled.

"So you feeling better, can you stand up?" he asked.

I tried to stand up but my legs gave in and I fell face first on the floor.

I moaned and he quickly helped me back up and on my bed.

"I think you need to see a doctor, you threw up, blacked out, and you can't walk," he said. I shook my head.

"I'm fine," I reassured him, but I'm so not sure I was, but I really didn't want to go to a doctor.

"You sure don't sound fine," he explained.

"Just give it an hour or two, I'm sure it will go away," I said. He sighed and nodded and walked away.

I layed back down in my bed and grabbed my phone from my nightstand and looked at the time.

9:02 am. 

What am I supposed to do now? I don't have the strength to write on my computer, I can't stand up, so I guess all I have is my phone.

I saw that I had a lot of text messages.

I first went on the group chat that included me, Austin, Alex, Rob, Sarah, Zach, and Tyler.

Rob: HAYDEN ANSWER US ARE YOU OKAY?!

Austin: What happened?

Alex: She locked herself in the bathroom and she won't answer us or open the door!

Austin: IS SHE OKAY?

Aw he cares... wait why would I care that he cares? 

It's just sweet that he cares, that's all there is to it.

I continued reading them.

Alex: um she just blacked out!

Sarah: WAIT WHAT IS GOING ON?!

Austin: HAYDEN BLACKED OUT OR SOMETHING! ALEX, ROB PLEASE EXPLAINED WHAT'S HAPPENING!

Zach: Why do you care so much Austin ;)?

Austin: When did you get here Zach?

Zach: You never answered the question.

Austin: Because she's my friend!

Zach: Sure

Austin: You honestly think I like her? I don't fall for girls like her.

A slight gasp escaped my mouth. Wait why did I care? I didn't like him...

But I felt like something inside of me just broke.

Sarah: What do you mean girls like her?

Austin: Look it doesn't matter, just know that I will never ever like her like that. She's not my type. Besides if one of us like each other it would ruin our friendship :P

Alex: What if she liked you?

Austin: um that would be awkward, i would never like her back.

My mouth gaped open! I suddenly felt angry! Why would he never like me?! What does he mean "girls like me"?!

And does Alex think I like him or something because he asked that?!

And DO THEY KNOW I CAN READ THESE MESSAGES?!

I took a deep breath. Calm down Hayden.

I just need to get this straight. I don't like Austin right?

No I just met him...

But I mean maybe it could be possible.

Ugh it's just a few mixed feelings towards him. I'm probably just confused right now.

But I can't like Austin... it's obvious he wouldn't like me back. But I thought Sarah said that she thought that he liked me?

Ugh this is really confusing me.

Suddenly my head started hurting again.

I guess I should just get some more sleep to figure this all out. 

I set my phone back on my nightstand and turned my lamp off and before you know it I was fast asleep.

Vote

Comment

Fan

@ShootUsDown74