Chapter 2

I scoffed, this man, this weak, puny man, was protected by a God? There was no way.

Unless...

I had seen a God use his followers as slaves in a way, they did everything he asked and it was simple as that.

If this was happening again, than it was the same God that had helped imprison me in Egypt, which meant i had a personal vendetta to finish.

I glared at the man, “Which God? Which one owns your soul?”

The man just shook his head, a smirk clearly visible on his face, which ticked me off, and angering a vampire that was as old as I was a bad idea. 

                                                                                                                                     “Aniko, you should leave. The others will be waking soon and they will be hungry and the scent of fresh human blood with be nearly too much for them. Not to mention the fact that you have angered my Master, who will kill you without a thought.” Anu was trying to keep the peace, he knew as well as I did that if I killed a human who was protected by a god that would start a war.

One that my brothers would be angry about, especially since we had no idea who the god was that we would be having to fight.

I smiled, “Yeah Aniko, you should leave. I wouldn’t want your Master to lose track of you. I mean you’re being his Eye right now aren’t you? What a shame it would be if he wasn’t able to use you anymore.” As soon as I was done talking I felt the room’s temperature increase drastically.

When someone was using magic, the temperature was always affected. It depended on the users power for how much it was affected. The stronger a person was, the more drastic of a change there was. The temperature could either increase and become hot or it could decrease and become freezing.

    “So which one are you? You have to be Egyptian due to your Eye’s name... hmm Osiris maybe? Geb? Nut? Horus even? No.. none of those? that’s okay... i’m going to find out who you are. I can sense your presence, you are a God and you are the God who helped the Hunter trap me in the Sphinx.” I felt the temperature of the air becoming cold even as my own body became warm with power.

I was angry and as I remembered my entombment it just made me even more agitated. This weak, powerless human was in danger. I wasn’t able to kill the human and start a war without speaking to my brothers first.

    “Aniko, you need to leave.” Anu’s voice was harsh, which surprised me because Anu was the nicer of the two brothers.

Now his eyes were black and he was glaring at the Eye, who seemed to shrink back under his intense look.

A vampire’s stare was dangerous, though it sounds like fiction. When a vampire stared at a human, or anything, they were able to emit bursts of power that could  blind them, make them insane, or even kill them.

    “I’ll be back Anu, if you do not come back to Egypt and accept the throne, then you will be forced and if you fight... well you’re not the only son he has.” As soon as the words left his mouth, Aniko vanished, leaving behind the faint scent of leather.

I turned and glared at Anu, who was frowning.

“You have 30 minutes until the others awaken. Get showered and spend time with Hope if you have to. But be downstairs in time for the hunt.”

Hope was Anu’s girlfriend, she was another newborn vampire. The hunt is what caught Anu’s attention most though, being able to drink fresh blood was always something vampire’s craved but in modern society it wasn’t possible.