.. your goodbye.

Song lyrics used in title are from M83's song 'Oblivion', ft. Susanne Sundfør

paired fic with 'Lost Stars'

I suppose you could say this is a insight chapter for a fanfic I'm nowhere near completing, so please leave comments throughout the fic, as well as what you thought and voting because it really does keep me motivated!! ♡♡ And 10 points go to Gryffindor for whoever guesses correctly the character in the final paragraph!!

Co-ordinates used are from https://www.random.org/geographic-coordinates/

Recommended to listen to 'Oblivion' (video tagged) whilst reading because it's fantastic and is basically written around it (it's taken me a while to time it omg); if the video doesn't work, refer to this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjpbQ1OWMPE   

Obviously, I do not physically or financially own ANY of the mentioned characters, fandoms and what not of this fic; I merely own a humongous obsession over them instead (:

  ✰☄

Date & Time: September 25th 200006:14:49pm and counting | Location: Unknown Whereabouts

The final bullet had taken Sam Winchester out through his head. Just like his sister, Lara.

Dean Winchester had watched helplessly, being held back by two of the burlier seven men, as Alec inclined above his bloodied brother (Sam had already been shot multiple times in his abdomen) and mercilessly taunted them both how he would: "Put little Sammy down like a manic mutt. Like the monster he really is."

Dean's blood had boiled at that statement, but it was short lived; Alec had struck the boy with a bullet through the brain. The eldest brother had hoarsely cried, yelled, screamed at his siblings' killer because who the hell butchers teenagers?
Sam dropped like a bag of bricks mere inches away from his sister; Lara had been lying on her left side, an arm beneath her reaching out Dean's way and eyes now unearthly staring at Sam's own hazel, dead orbs. The Winchester blood had begun to pool together.

And even though all Dean had wanted to do was scoop them both up in his arms (screw the chick-flick vibe to it) and to just die along with them, he was hauled away. The final image Dean had of his kid brother and sister was of them wide-eyed and slaughtered, clinging hopelessly to one another in a deathly embrace.

  ✰☄

Dean has since reflected over the scene that obliterated his life within a matter of minutes. The scene that literally obliterated Sam and Lara's lives.
Dean was at an infuriated, heartbroken loss as to what to do now without his only responsibilities. Of course, there wasn't much he could do since said psychopaths have him tied down to a chair. Apparently, he's the heart of an incredible plan that will occur in a decade's time. And – according to those lunatics – Angels are running the show.

He did not care why he was involved in this scheme or that angels apparently exist and want him. What Dean did desire to know was why his brother and sister had to die?
Dishearteningly, Dean also realised his dad would not want to see him afterwards; the Winchester patriarch had only just been reunited with his only daughter ten months ago, believing correctly for fifteen years that she had miraculously survived the unarticulated fire.