Problems

*Kendall's POV*

I watched as Anderson walked Leah down the isle at Matt and Addie's wedding. And what was worse? She was wearing Adeline's dress. I watched as Matthew walked up to Leah and pulled her out of the church by her hair. Seeing his face I was unable to move. It was like I was paralyzed while standing in the front of the church the guests were gasping and talking about the current tragedy. Addie's parents rushed out to go and find their daughter. I had told Ben that Leah was here and he didn't believe me. I told him, but that's not the point. The point is that the day is ruined. My friend is gone. I knew it even before her parents ran back into the church holding a note.

I fell to my knees, but I never hit the ground. Ben was there, holding me up. He parents came over and read the letter to us, but I didn't catch a word. "Anderson..." I whispered.

Ben must have heard because he held me tighter and tried to protect me. Before I even knew what was happening Veronica was charging at Anderson with the full intent to knock him out, but he punched her before she could even reach him and then she was on the ground. All I could think about was the baby. She was carrying a child and now she is knocked out laying on the ground in a nice church on this day that had seemed to be perfect. Too perfect.

I was still in Ben's arms. I knew I had drank enough water today so I don't know why I felt lightheaded. "Ray... she's pregnant." I told Ray before I passed out.

Passing out was a familiar feeling, but yet somehow every time it felt like the first. It felt like I was falling down the rabbit hole. Like any minuet I would drink a potion and change sizes, but then I would learn that it was all just a dream.

I hoped and prayed that this whole day was just a nightmare. I hope that Ben will wake me up in a few seconds and all would be fine, but I knew that didn't happen in real life. Only in fairy tales. And life is not a fairy tale. You can pretend it is all that you want, but the truth is, it's not.

If it was me and Ben would still be together from high school. Addie and Matt would have been married right now. But then again, if everything was good then Matt may have never met Adeline and would be married to Leah right now. I guess all things happen for a reason, but sometimes that reason is very unclear, like why did this happen on this wonderful day for the happy couple?

When I woke up I thought I was alone, but then I saw Ben. Of course he had broken the rules of visiting hours. He always does. He was laying next to me on the small hospital bed. I turned over he wasn't asleep.

"Kendall. It wasn't because you were dehydrated was it?" I shook my head. I don't think that I could bear to talk right now.

I was in shock. That's what the doctors told me. They tried to make me talk, but everything was still a bit blury to me.  The only thing that was clear was that neither Matt nor Adeline had come to see me in the hospital. I sat. Waiting. I don't know what I was waiting for. Perhaps a visit from one of them? I don't know, but Ben has been here every day.

I don't know how long it has been. They all try to tell me that if I talk, I can go home, but I don't want to go home. Home is where memories are and I don't want to revisit mine. They were too bad. I'd rather stay here.

Sure there is death, but there is nothing here that is more depressing than what is in my mind. Nothing will ever be the same.

Ben is here today, like always. Today I am trying to listen. It has been two weeks since I've been in the hospital. It is our getting back together one month anniversary. He got me another charm for my 'Veni, Vidi, Amavi' necklace. This one said the words, also in Latin, 'te desidero', or I miss you. It's good that I took Latin in high school with all of these great Latin words around my neck. Ben told me that Adeline had left a letter in the small room we used as a dressing room. He said he had asked the doctors if I could see it, but they all said no. Too much stress and anxiety related to the letter, I guess. Ben sat across from me and said, "Kendall you need to talk, I need you to talk."