Prologue

Prologue

Omniscient

Ayana sat on her bed listening to Beyonce's new album Lemonade while working on her online class.

"Hold up, they don't love you like I love you. Slow down they don't love you like I love youuu." She caught on to the chorus and softly sang along. Placing her pen between her teeth she thought about if it was worth trying to be a good student about this or if she should go ahead and cheat like everyone else did since the answers were online.

While working her phone notified her of a text message. She picked it up seeing her bestfriend Healani's name flash across the screen.

Upon opening the text message her heart sank after every word she read.

Ayana, I've tried. I've tried to see the bright side of life. I've hoped. Hoped everyday that things would get better. I've prayed, prayed that maybe one day I would look back on all of this and see the point. But Ayana I don't. I don't see the point and I don't want to stick around long enough to see the point. I love you so much, thank you for being my everything since kindergarten. - Healani, 8:15pm.

"Oh no, wait no. Healani please wait no." Ayana jumped up out of bed and grabbed her car keys. She wasted no time running out to her car ignoring her mothers yells behind her.

Despite her hands shaking she managed to call Healani twice but was unsuccessful. Thinking of the next best thing she sent a text.

Healani whatever you're thinking about doing, please don't okay? I love you too believe me I love you. I need you, Siah needs you! I'm coming okay? - Ayana, 8:21pm

Sending the text she went through he call log calling Josiah's number. He answered on the first ring in a panic.

"Please tell me she sent you dat' and you on yo fuckin' way man. I'm fuckin' thirty minutes away Ayana."

"I'm on my way, I'm going over there right now."

"Don't let my baby kill her fuckin' self dawg."

"I won't, just hurry." She hung up hitting the gas to her home. Once she made it she jumped out my car. Running to the door she hectically looked through her pockets for the key she had to Healani's home. She got inside and ran to Healani's room.

"Healani please open the door!" Ayana desperately banged on the room door. The room door where on the other side Healani, her bestfriend, sat on the edge of her bed swallowing pill after pill. "Healani hear me out please but don't do this!"

Choking on her cries while trying to focus on swallowing the pills, Healani managed to drown out the cries of her bestfriend.

In a panic Ayana pulled out her phone dialing 911 while still trying to find a way into her bestfriends room. Brushing her hair out of her face she placed the phone up to her ear and stormed away from the door. She power walked through the house while talking to the 911 dispatcher.

"911 what's your emergency?"

"My bestfriend, it's my bestfriend. She's locked herself in her room and she's overdosing on pills."

"Ma'am stay on the line, we're sending help over."

She ran outside and walked around the house to the window of Healani's bedroom. The blinds covered most of the window but there was a tiny crack where the blind was broken. She peaked inside and her entire world came crashing down.

There laid her best friend seizing out of control.

"Oh my God." She panicked picking up a rock and throwing it at the window. The one blow didn't do much justice. It took three more blows alike for the window to shatter. She crawled inside and cradled her best friends body which fell limp at this point.

"Healani, don't leave me. Stay with me okay." She cried. "Stay with me."

-----------------
Okay, how do you like it so far? Remember it's just the prologue.

Ayana won't be the love interest, Healani will be. Ayana will be a main character though. Just as important as Healani and Josiah just in case yal might be confused.

Here you have it, Journey.

Hope you like.

- Yoyo ❤️