Subject #003

Hey guys! No, I'm not gonna make excuses as to why I've waited so long to update. I think by now you should know I have a wacky uploading schedule. :P if you can even call it a schedule.. But anyways. Here's another Subect! Yay! I mean.. I don't know if it should be yay or not.. Alight, well I'll let you read now.

Also, as usual. I didn't edit. It's late, and I'm tired, and I have school in the morning, so I'll do it later. :3

Hopefully you enjoy. :) I love you guys. Oh yeah! And let's see if any of you will recognise these video game characters. ;)

------------

Cervantes looked at the wall that was almost finished. He figured he could need some help to finish it, so he went up the basement steps and walked through the kitchen into his living room. He picked up the phone on the little end table and called his close friend Siegfried.

"Hey," Siegfried answered.

"Hi. I was wondering if you could come over and help me with my basement," Cervantes said - the hope he felt in that one moment amounted to more than he'd felt in his entire life time, and the anticipation and blood pumping that resulted from his thoughts were what made him feel the most human he's felt ever since he was a child caught in a powerful, corrupt man's web of emptiness, evil, despair, and loneliness - each strand that made up the snare only strengthened the hold on him the more that he struggled to get away. Eventually, he gave up completely and became what had trapped him.

"Sure thing, Vance. I'll be there in a bit."

"Alright. Thanks, Sid," Cervantes didn't bother to mask the smile creeping across his face, because what Sid would think was an innocent thank-you-for-helping-me smile was really a sadistic smile that harboured a secret that Sid was about to sail to and - whether he wanted to or not - uncover, but he would never get to tell anyone the grotesque horror that lied underneath.

"No problem. Bye," Sid said his farewell and hung up the phone.

"Yes. Goodbye indeed my dear friend," Cervantes said to the silence that surrounded him, encapsulating his insanity inside of him, and the walls that whispered everything it's seen to ears that were deaf to their warnings. Cervantes's smile was one that only belonged to a madman. He began to laugh maniacally.

"Ahahaha! Hahahaha! Oh yes! YES! What a better way to finish this wall then to splatter my best friends blood all over it like an artistic pattern painted onto the canvas with his crimson blood?! I could even take a paint brush and paint a picture! I could nail his limbs to the wall and impale his head to a stick and hang it on the wall or leave it protruding from the floor! Ahahaha! Yesss! How wonderful! Now I'll never be alone, ever again - I'll always have my best friend near me, and then the wall will finally be completed," Cervantes said the last sentence slowly and calmly - almost obsessively. His eyes were crazed at this point and his excitement had skyrocketed through the roof. It was as if the Devil himself had possessed him.

Cervantes heard a knock at the front door that warned him that Siegfried was about to enter his home. Cervantes, whilst rubbing his hands together, went into the small side room that held all of the controls, and it was parallel to the basement stairs which allowed him to stay concealed. He hit a button and the lights shut off, throwing a thick, dark veil over what awaited Siegfried. Cervantes quietly laughed to himself and insanely smiled, letting it reach his eyes.

Siegfried stepped down the flight of stairs. "Hey, Vance! You in here? It's really dark in here - where's the light?" Cervantes laughed loudly and pressed a button that closed the door with an eerie creak and a solid, final click of fate as an automatic lock closed - openable only by this button.