The secret behind her eyes

"What ya' doing Doctor?" Asks a Grey mare poking her head around the corner smiling "ah, Ditzy! I was just cleaning up the TARDIS," Reply's a chestnut stallion with a broom in his mouth, it looked funny to Ditzy so she giggled while trotting over to The Doctor, "Your holding it wrong Doc, you hold it like this" she states taking the broom in her front hooves and standing on her hind legs smiling at the stallions confused face "how is that even possible!" he whines flopping onto his back with a grunt.

After getting a tutorial from Ditzy on how to use a broom as a pony The Doctor got back to cleaning while Ditzy went to make muffins for lunch. He picks up a few items off the ground and puts them onto the console fumbling because he still didn’t know hooves worked. After picking up the items on the ground he began to put them away “Okay time to figure out where the heck I got all this stuff from!” chirps The Doctor in his usual happy voice.

Everything was put away now, everything but a bubble locket “what? Where did this come from?” questions The Doctor to himself picking up the locket. “This must be Ditzy’s,” he sighs looking at the locket again. The thought going through his head was: I wonder what’s inside? Possibly an picture of her family? I’ve never even heard her talk about her family before. Having curiosity take over he opened the locket.

But he didn’t find a picture of her family; he didn’t find anything but glowing energy that told a tale of a young girl fighting in a war on the front lines of attack battling a creature of gold. “Daleks? The Time War? Ditzy?” mumbles The Doctor shocked by what he was seeing.

The Daleks where winning, the TimeLords were weakened but the only thing he could see was a girl who was rushing around a small camp “has anyone seen my friends?” She asks desperately looking around until a hand falls onto her shoulder “I’m sorry child, but they won’t be coming back.” Bellows a tall man looking down upon the girl. Tears well in the girls eyes she then snaps her shoulder away from the man and ran, she ran until she stood in front of a Light post, sobbing she pulled a key from the chain around her neck and unlocked a door, a door to a TARDIS. The girl runs inside and begins to start up the TARDIS sobbing “I’m sorry Gallifrey, but this is goodbye.”

The glowing energy fades from The Doctors vision and he was back to sitting in the TARDIS holding the locket with the lid closed. “Ditzy is a TimeLord? But how? Its impossible.” breaths the Doctor trying to take it all in. After a good two minutes he’d registered what he just saw and knew what he had to do.

“Ditzy!!” Shouts The Doctor calling for his companion “Yes Doctor?” Ditzy shouts back “come here please! It’s important!” He shouts again soon after there were hoofsteps coming towards him “OK I’m here now tell me what all the shouting is about?” Asks Ditzy smiling at the chestnut stallion but did not receive a smile back “did I do something wrong? Why do you look so- serious?” Asks Ditzy while tilting her head to one side. But the Doctor just holds out an old bubble locket that made the fur on the back of Ditzy’s neck rise.

“Doctor where did you get that?” asks Ditzy shaking where she stands looking wide eyed at the locket. “So this is yours? Could you do me a favour?” breathes The Doctor holding the locket out to Ditzy, Ditzy looked from the locket to The Doctor. “What’s the favour?” There was silence “I need you to open this locket.”

“Doctor I can’t!” Protests Ditzy looking horrified backing away from The Doctor whimpering “why are you scared Ditzy? It’s just a locket” states The Doctor moving closer to Ditzy. “It’s not just a locket! Get it away from me!” Shrieks Ditzy turning to run but The Doctor grabs onto her tail before she could get away “let me go! Let me go!” Ditzy screeches running on the spot trying to escape The Doctors grasp. “Ditzy calm down, I just can’t open the locket I just need you to open it up for me” just then Ditzy spun around faced The Doctor and jumped backwards to twist her tail free “impressive” chirps The Doctor putting the locket on the ground. “So... Can you lend me a hoof?” He asks smiling now to show he just wants a bit of help. Buying that it wasn’t what she thought it was Ditzy sighed “I’m sorry I freaked out Doctor I really don’t know why.” She grabs the locket and opened it and almost at once her TimeLord energy flowed into her returning her TimeLord self.

Ditzy opened her eyes to see a brown horse sitting in front of her. “What? A horse?” questions Ditzy staring at the horse “Ditzy? You don’t remember me do you...” breaths the horse looking upset. But his voice steered something in Ditzy’s mind though that didn’t stop her from backing away from it “wh-what are you? Who are you? Where am I!” I demand continuing to back away “Ditzy, it’s me The Doctor. I know you don’t remember me but I remember you. Please believe me!” sobs the horse why was this horse sobbing? “Why are you crying?” I ask stopping my retreat and standing up straight. The horse that calls itself The Doctor looked surprised at his own tears “I-I don’t know... Maybe it’s because I lost her... My Ditzy... My companion...” This sends thoughts through my head like wildfire. No they weren’t thoughts. They were memories. I begin to shake as the memories racked my brain “D-d-doctor? H-h-help...!” I squeak out terrified by my own memories.

Doctor POV

I watch in utter horror as my companion Ditzy Doo Hooves whimpers and shakes “D-d-doctor? H-h-help...!” At this I knew she remembered me “it’s okay Ditzy, I’ve got you” I say as I pull Ditzy into a tight hug.

 Several minutes went past as Ditzy mumbled her whole pony life as it all comes back to her. “I was a smart little filly... But my eyes... They told everypony I was stupid...” mumbles Ditzy tearing up at the memory of the bullying she received all her life. I sat with her holding her close to me my twin hearts beating at the same beat as hers it was magical... Wait did I like Ditzy? “Doctor? What are you doing with that- oh! Haha!” laughs Ditzy remembering something that they did together. My hearts flutter at her laughter... I yes I did like Ditzy... And holding her here close to me was heaven.

It’s been a good ten minutes and Ditzy’s memories are getting closer to the prescient day “Doctor I can’t... Get it away from me... I’m sorry...” mumbles Ditzy I can’t help but feel guilty for putting her through something like this. Almost a minute after that her eyes flew open “Doctor?” Asks Ditzy looking up at me “Yes, Ditzy?” I reply hopeful that she doesn’t slap me. “Doctor!” Cries Ditzy hugging me. This came as a huge surprise to me “I’m so happy to know I’m not that only TimeLord left!” She chirps still hugging me happily I hug her back happy that one she’s okay and two that she didn’t slap me. “So... You’re not angry with me?” I ask just to be safe. “Oh I’m still going to get revenge soon. But right now I’d rather hug you.” Chirps Ditzy almost hiding the smite in that sentence. “You’re harsh Ditzy” I whisper in her ear but her only response was a giggle.