Chapter 1

Cris sat up in bed sweat beading her forehead, fear filling her body after the confusing and terrifying dream. Her mind was filled with eerie images of taxidermied people and flying demons.

A voice interrupted her thoughts, her mom.

"Get up sleepyhead!" Mom yelled out of the kitchen, "Soccer practice starts in twenty minutes."

"Yeah!" a man with dirty blond hair and blue eyes says as he sticks his head through her door, "You gotta get pumped up!" He grunts and flexes his muscles before going back to the kitchen.

Cris rolls her eyes at her dad and sits up while pulling off her zebra-striped bed comforter and sheets. Cris's room was small and the walls were a pretty cyan-blue and her bed was covered in stuffed animals. Cris gets out of bed and gets dressed into a black shirt that says, in colorful glitterfied lettering, Zombies Want Brains! Don't worry you're safe. Cris smiles at the shirt then slips on a pair of black pants. Cris slips on a red jersey over her shirt with the number forty on the front and on the back her last name, Dreemr.

Cris grabs a brush off her cluttered desk and brushes her long dark hair. When she's finishes she walks out into the kitchen and greets her mom and dad with a hug.

Suddenly three little five year old boys come running out of a door to her right. They all have crazy blond hair and dark amber eyes. The first one, Blake, runs up to Cris with a pair of dark blue cleats.

"Here are your cheats, Crissy." Blake says in a little kid voice. Cris takes them.

"Cleats, Blake, cleats." Cris corrects him with a big smile. The other two boys, Cage and Steven, run out into the living room with model airplanes in their dirty hands. Blake races after them snatching a red model airplane off of the marble counter, as they run through the living room and out into the backyard. Cris grabs the cleats and walks into the dining room and sits in a comfortable chair by the table. She slips on her special soccer socks and then pulls on her cleats. After making sure her knee pads are in place, Cris hurries over to stand in front of her dad.

"Reporting for duty, Sir!" Cris shouts loudly holding her hand in salute, and getting a giggle from her mom. Dad narrows his eyes at her jersey and cleats then pokes her in the belly. Cris clutches her stomach giggling and backing away from her dad.

"All good soldier!" Dad shouts back holding his hand in salute. Cris hurries out to of the kitchen running through the theater room to get to the garage door. Cris swings and open the garage door and bolts down the stairs and out into the garage. Cris spots the large black Lincoln Navigator and sits on a small wagon to do one of her favorite hobbies, daydream. Cris stares at the sky imagining, in her mind a gorgeous blue and green parrot flying across the early morning sky.

Suddenly Cris's eyes glow a brilliant gold as she daydreams she abandons the daydream and focuses more on the sky. Cris blinks in surprise as in a flash of gold a large green and blue parrot appears in the sky. Almost as soon as it appeared it disappears in a flash of brilliant gold light.

Just your imagination, Cris. She thought. Cris pushes the thought aside and screams in laughter as her dad comes out with a toy pirate sword, a little boy's batman mask, and a purple cape. Her dad waves his sword wildly as if fighting someone his cape flapping around.

"Dad! Cut it out, we have to go!" Cris laughs as she gets up and runs to the Navigator opening the door.

"Back, fiend! Bow before the total awesomeness of Super dad!" Steve, dad, says in reply racing at Cris his sword waving at her. Cris screams and got into the car, slamming the car door behind her. Her dad hops into the drivers seat and takes off his costume and starts the car.