28

Scott and Mitch were about to go out on stage for their final scene where they kiss in front of everyone.

Mitch was looking in the mirror at himself while Scott was standing beside him.

"You will do fine Mitchy." Scott assured Mitch.

Mitch blinked a couple times and took a deep breath, "When people see us kiss, they are gonna boo."

Scott wrapped his arms around Mitch to give him a hug, "No ones gonna boo, the theater is filled with parents that let their children do this play. So they all must be accepting."

Scott kissed the top of Mitch's head and ran his hand up an down Mitch's back.

Mitch looked at the stage entrance and walked towards it, "We're on in about thirty seconds, get ready."

Scott stood next to him and held his hand like the script suggests.

Scott and Mitch made room for the actors coming off the stage and slowly walked out.

They took their positions and started their lines, "We can't be seen together anymore."

Mitch stared up into Scotts eyes and took his hands, "We will always be with each other in our hearts."

"I must go now, I will...never see you again." Scott stated slowly, "I guess this will have to do."

Mitch blushed as soon as Scott said that and stood on his tip toes to reach Scotts lips.

Scotts hands slid to Mitch's waist and Mitch placed his arms around Scotts neck.

Scott was leaning over Mitch slightly and Mitch was being held slightly by Scott.

The kiss lasted for about five seconds before both boys slowly back backed away from each other. They both exited on separate sides of the stage and watched the curtain close.

All the cast ran out onto the stage for the curtain to be opened again so the crowd can clap.

Scott and Mitch stood in the middle and the rest of the cast lined up around them.

The curtain opened again and people stared to break out into cheer.

Slowly, people started to rise from their seats to give them a standing ovation.

After the cast went back stage to collect their things and go home, the teacher came to talk to Scott and Mitch.

"That was wonderful boys! Every year we have a musical and I have never seen such a reaction from the crowd like this!" The teacher exclaimed.

The two boys both broke out into a huge smile and thanked the teacher.

"Can you spend the night tonight?" Scott asked as the teacher walked away.

Mitch looked over at Connie who was talking to another mom, "Will your mom let me? Won't she like hover over us?"

"She will let you." Scott said as he dragged Mitch towards Connie.

"Hey mom Mitch is spending the night, is that okay?" Scott asked.

Mitch looked us at Connie shyly and blushed.

Connie leaned it to where Scott could just hear her, "He can, but I don't want any noises coming from your room."

Scott scrunched his face up, "Mom I'm 16, gross."