Chapter 7

"What the hell were you thinking and then you have the audacity to walk in here looking like some classless tramp? All that damn make-up all over your face. You must have forgotten that you are 14 and not 18. Get your ass in your room, you are grounded until further notice." My mom yelled. I couldn't even say a word. I knew it was coming. It was my own fault. I can't believe that I let some dude get in my head so heavy anyway but the night was unbelievable.

When I walked into my bedroom I looked at my clock that ready 1 am. All she did was yell, shot I was lucky. She must have really been worried. Usually defiance warranted a hand across my face. I honest felt bad though, my mom was shaking with anger and I couldn't blame her. I was all she had left and instead of being home where she expected me to be I was nowhere to be found. How did I let Tre convince me that what I was doing was ok? I knew it was wrong but when I looked into his eyes I couldn't say no.

I looked over at the phone. I was tempted to call him. My thoughts were spread over everything we had done in the past couple of hours. It seemed as though he had something left to say to me but nothing ever came out of his mouth. Just as I was about to get up and get the phone my mom came through my door and snatched the entire cord out of the wall.

"You parading around with some boy like a little tramp. No daughter of mine is going to be out here hanging with no nigga all hours of the night." She slammed the door behind her as she left. I was astonished. I shook my head and started to remove my clothes. They were the best clothes that I had. I looked at my bed and saw the outfit I had laid out for tomorrow and it suddenly hit me. I was supposed to call Tyler. I was supposed to ask my mom if I could go out on a date with him. Well I definitely wasn't going now. Maybe this was for the best. I don't know what was up with me today with Tyler anyway. I shrugged my shoulders and put away the clothes. It's not like I can do anything about it. No phone and I can't leave the house, I guess contact with the outside world is a no go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By Monday morning I was excited to go to school. My mom wasn't even allowing Kennedy to come over. I was literally alone with my anxious thoughts of Tre. Somehow I had convinced myself that the activities that we partook in on Friday were in no way a date but I needed to talk to my best friend about it to be sure. Oh course for some reason or the other Kennedy was not going to school today and I was devastated. I even resorted to begging but she said she wasn't feeling well. I walked into the building officially wanting to be somewhere else and that feeling was multiplied when I saw Tre standing with his friends and Rosie hooked onto his arm. I stared him down as I walked by.

"You got a problem." Rosie asked turning toward me as I passed her. I looked back at her as if she had an issue and continued moving. She wasn't worth my time. "What the fuck bitch?" I heard her yelling.

"Yo chill the fuck out." I heard Tre reply. I rolled my eyes and headed to homeroom. I was right. It wasn't a date. It was just some bull. Why would he do that? Why would he play with my feelings like that? I believed him. I believed that he could only be himself with me. I felt so stupid.

"Yo Nay what happened?" I heard Tyler's voice. I looked up at him from my head down position. I knew my eyes had to be red because I could feel them stinging with tears. His smile instantly faded and he bent down to be eye level with me. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing I'm good." I replied turning away from him. He just moved back in front of me.

"Don't tell me nothing and your crying Nay." He reached out as if he was going to wipe my tears and I flinched away. Why was I feeling like if he touched me I would melt? He looked at me for a second and then slowly reached toward me. This time I didn't move. I felt the tears well in my eye, break the brim of my lashes and roll down towards my cheek. His hand came gently in contact with my skin just in time for him to catch the tear and wipe it away.