Ch 3 I Love You

Riley POV

I don't know what we gon do. I mean...Cindy momma is loaded. We can probably hang wit her fo a bit. We walkin to the court

"Murph." I say

"Yeah?" She asks, looking down at the basketball that she kept bouncing.

"Have you been in contact wit cho momma?" I ask

She stopped bouncing the ball and turned to me

"Why the hell would you ask a dumb ass question like dat?!" She asked, irritated

"Aye. We gots to get a place to stay. Granddad ain't gonna let us live there for very much longer."

"Nah nigga I don't keep in contact with that bitch havin hoe."

"Damn."

I suck my teeth.

"It's time to call Ed n Rummy."

********************************

"Julia. Come with me to Cali."

"What?!" Julia screeched as she sat on the coach. Nala closed her ears with her hands and so did Caesar.

"Look, I need to take care of you until you get up on your feet. You need a job, a place to stay-"

"Why do you have to go?! Just cuz Nala is??" Julia responded full of anger

"Aye! Don't point fingers. Monterey Bay is a good college-"

"Stop." Nala hushly says, cutting Caesar off.

Caesar and Nala look to her

"What's up?" Caesar asked

"Maybe...maybe she is right." Nala swallows.

"About what?" Julia asks, quirking her eyebrows in curiosity.

"Maybe...maybe you should just...stay." Nala said as she sadly looked to Caesar.

Julia stayed quiet, she now felt bad that Nala is considering her outburst as an option.

"Nala, I didn't mean it-"

"But...but you're right. It's not fair to you." Nala responds

"Nah babe. We already planned this." Caesar says

"Think about it Caes. You need your sister. Plus...Cindy and Riley need a place to stay. They could stay in the loft upstairs."

Caesar clenched his jaw as he thought about it. "Then you and I can go to school down here."

Nala shook her head.

"No...no baby I got to get out of here if I spend another year here-"

"No. Come on. We can work it out." Caesar argued

"I... I'll be out with Koda okay?" Julia said slowly. Trying not to agitate the situation. The couple stayed quiet until Julia slowly grabbed her keys and left.

"Baby. Come on. I can't stay that far away from you for an entire year." Caesar explained, getting irritated

"Caesar...baby look. I'll be back on holidays. I just...I can't stay here anymore. I cant." Nala pleaded with her eyes.

Caesar saw it, but he couldn't accept it. He didn't want her to be all the way across the country.

"I'll go. Please just-"

"No. You're sister needs you. Riley. Cindy. They need you honey." Nala said as she brought his face to hers. Slowly embracing each other's presence and feel.