Chapter One- The not-so-fabulous First day

"Welcome to SpringBrookes High School I hope you have a fabulous day!" The secretary in front of me shot me a dazzling smile with perfectly straight teeth. This lady was seriously gorgeous, which made me wonder what on Earth she was doing as a secretary. I had to admit, it was kind of respectable. The only problem was that she was too peppy and excited. Her tone was so sweet I think I got a toothache.

"Thanks!" I exclaimed, giving her an exaggerated fake smile before walking out the doors.

As soon as I exited the office I could see the cliques in this school. There were the cool jocks, the Jv jocks, the cheerleaders, the nerds, and the cool people that don't play sports. None of which I would fit in to. I was even too nerdy for the nerds, which is sad. My locker was on the third floor of this gigantic school, and my first period was on the first floor. I looked at my a
Schedule and could tell I would have to run to get to most of my classes on time. It's official, I hate my new school. Though it can't be much worse than my previous one.

This year would be pretty simple, note my sarcasm. I'm a fifteen year old trying to fit in as a junior, not to metion it's already March and I'm just now starting here. I'm going to stick out like a sore thumb.

Of course, it didn't help that I walked into my first period late. Everyone's heads shot up as soon as I stepped foot into the room and I could feel their eyes boring into my soul. Thy took in my whole appearance. My tiny five foot one height mixed in with my giant librarian-like glasses, and I was immediately placed into a category labeled 'Uber-Nerd'.

"Hello, you must be our new student, Miss Black." The teacher said, walking up to me. He was shorter than me, which is really saying something, and he vaguely reminded me of the satyr from the Heroes of Olympus series, Gleeson Hedge.

"Yes." I mumbled, shifting my weight uncomfortably.

"Well you have chosen the perfect day to join us, because I'm letting everybody choose their own lab groups." He went on to say a bunch of stuff about how he didn't believe in single person work and everyone had to at least be in a group of four. After that lecture, he gave me a really long speech on lab safety that I didn't pay attention to. I was too busy counting the people in the class. 24, not including me. Which meant I would probably be the odd one out.

My point was proven when he released people to pick their lab groups and everybody immediately found their three best friends. Not surprised, I stood there awkwardly as six groups formed in front of me.

The teacher, who's name I should really figure out, looked at the class in disappointment. He clearly thought that teenagers would be welcoming of the new nerdy kid.

This man knows nothing about teenagers.

"Alright, who will accept Miss Black into their groups. Come on, don't be shy." The silence in the class was deafening. I stood there awkwardly, holing my small binder in my hand as no one spoke up. Eventually he just sighed and said, "Why don't you just sit there Dani, and you can rotate tables during the labs. And since no one was willing to sit with her, I will be picking your groups for this upcoming assignment." Man, this guy was just digging my hole deeper and deeper. If people don't hate me by the end of the day, than I have superpowers.

"Thanks a lot Tiny." Someone mumbled under their breath, causing my face to flush in embarrassment. Really? Tiny? Was that the best they could come up with? Newsflash, stating an obvious part of my appearence doesn't mean it's an insult. At least the people in my old school were creative.

Even if the insult was lame, half the class still snickered. Fortunately, I was able to sit down and be invisible for the rest of class. Unfortunately, as I was hurrying out of class, someone stuck their leg out to trip me. I tumbled to the ground and my glasses slipped off my face.