Chapter 4 ~ Feelings (Edited)

Tasha

Thank you," I said looking up at Allen. "I don't know what came over me but I will be fine."

"I hate seeing you like this," he said brushing the hair from my eye. Allen Roberts was a gorgeous looking man. With his muscular build, blond hair and amber eyes most women would be vying for his attention. He was smart and was about to start law school in a few months. He was still working as an agent with Chase and he helped to rescue my sister.

"I'm okay promise. Let's put these flowers in a vase." We walked in my office and found a vase. He took a seat on the black leather sofa and watched me.

"So you came just to bring me flowers?"

"Of course but I wanted to see your beautiful face."

"Please you don't have to say that."

"Tasha every time I tell you that you don't believe me. What do I have to do to convince you otherwise?"

"You think you know me but you don't Allen."

"You won't give me a chance."

"If you knew the real me, you would be running for the hills."

"It would take a lot for that to happen."

"I'm leaving in two days," I said waiting on his reaction.

"Are you going on vacation?"

"No, I'm headed to Africa, to Sudan."

"It's not safe there. I just read a report saying there is civil unrest because of terrorist groups fighting and the government is afraid of civil war."

"There is a malaria outbreak and they need doctors to facilitate treatment. Every since Sasha got sick, it has been something I wanted to do. I only took this job to be close to family. I miss being in the thick of things."

"That's understandable but I would hate to see anything happen to you."

"Awe, my little Allen is pouting. He doesn't want me to go?" I said walking up to him pinching his cheeks.

"I'm serious Tasha. Don't go," he said pulling me in his lap. It had caught me off guard. I tried to get up but he had me locked in place. He looked at me with worry in his eyes.

"Too late everything has been approved. I leave the day after tomorrow for two weeks."

I could see hurt on his face. It made me a little sad. I touched the side of his cheeks.

"Promise me you will be careful," he said hugging me and kissing me on the forehead. "At least have dinner with me tonight. Anywhere you want to go."

"I want you to cook for me," I said catching him off guard. "I heard you are an awesome cook."

"If that's what you want, eight o'clock," he said coming closer like he wanted to kiss me on the lips but I pulled away. I nodded and he kissed me on the cheek instead. I got up and he stood up. He reached for my hand and said goodbye.

I walked back to my desk and grabbed my purse. Allen was a great guy but too bad I couldn't give him more than friendship. I was damaged goods and he or no other man would want me.

I had dated Chase briefly but he was just a friend. Who would have known he and my twin would have hit it off? He was a nice guy too but I would have driven him away. I was glad he had found the love of his life, my sister.

An hour later...

I arrived at my parents house and pulled up in the circular drive. My parents house always blew me away. They lived in the East where most of the elite in New Orleans lived. Althetes, entrepreneurs, businessmen you name it, anyone that was rolling in the dough lived in his area.