one; pilot

It was the beginning of a new school year, meaning that the Cheerios and the football players are back in their usual uniform and all the clubs are holding auditions or are posting sign up papers on the walls. Yet this year was going to be different, this year a new club has started; the Glee club.

+

Only five people auditioned that day, them being Malia, Danny, Kira, Isaac and Allison. Mr. Schuester was disappointed but the people that came and sang were all crazily talented and he also didn't have any other choice than tell them that they could join New Directions.

"We suck,"  Allison told Mr. Schuester while flipping her hair over her shoulder.

"Uh, it'll.. It'll get there. We just need to keep rehearsing."

"Mr. Schuester, do you have any idea how ridiculous it is to give the lead solo in 'Sit Down, You're Rockin' the Boat' to a boy in a wheelchair?" Allison pointed at Isaac while talking and gave Mr. Schuester an annoyed look.

"I think Mr. Schue is using irony to enhance the performance." Isaac shyly smiled at her and the teacher next to him.

"There is nothing iconic about show choir!" She stomped her foot against the floor and looked aggravated at Malia.

"Allison, Allison!" Mr. Schue yelled while Allison stormed out of the classroom.

A few moments later, Allison was watching coach Sue Sylvester yell at her Cheerios squad. "That's sloppy! You're sloppy babies! It's just disgraceful! And I want the agony out of your eyes! Uh-uh, Lance, don't you start crying! You are the weak link, pal! How's it feel to be the weak link, huh?! That can't feel very good!"

"You changed out of your costume," Mr. Schuester sat next to her and gave her a light tap on the shoulder.

"I'm tired of being laughed at,"

"You're the best kid in there, Allison. That comes with a price."

"Look, I know I'm just a sophomore, but I can feel the clock ticking away, and I don't want to leave high school with nothing to show for it." She turned around to look directly in Mr. Schue's eyes.

"You get great grades. You're a fantastic singer."

"Everybody hates me," Allison looked down at her legs, sighing softly.

The teacher frowned at her. "You think Glee club is going to change that?"

"Being great at something is going to change it. Being a part of something special makes you special, right? I need a male lead who can keep up with me vocally."

"Maybe I can coach Isaac a little." Mr. Schue said willingly.

"Look, Mr. Schue, I really appreciate what you're trying to do, but if you can't give me what I need, then I'm sorry. I'm not going to make a fool out of myself. I can't keep wasting my time with Glee. It hurts too much." Allison looked back at the Cheerios, sighing once again, Mr. Schue patted her shoulder and left not knowing what to say to her.

+

Coach Finstock blew on his whistle to get the team's attention. "Circle up. Mr. Schuester is going to talk to you. If you don't listen, you do laps. You mouth off, you do laps. Got it? They're all yours, Will."