Sweet Mornings

Charles woke to the fluttering sunshine coming from his window facing the mansion. He rolled on his side, rubbing the sleep from his eyes and looked over at his boyfriend of three years, Erik.

It was lovely to see him so peaceful and unwound, his usual set frown drawn out into a peaceful smile. His normally slicked back brown hair lay in all directions like a masterpiece on his pillow.

Charles leaned forward and placed a tender kiss on his lovers lips.

"Morning sleepy head." Charles said sweetly as Erik blinked up at him, like a deer in headlights. "The day awaits." Erik rolled over and pulled the covers over his head, mumbling about how 7:00am shouldn't be considered morning.

Charles walked into the kitchen and made himself a pot of tea. He sat by the window with his newspaper, waiting for Erik to emerge.

"Why is it that classes are over for summer but we still have to get up at this godforsaken time?" Erik said, walking into the kitchen, fresh from the shower. Charles walked over to him and wrapped his hands around his waist.

"Because love," Charles said, with a sweet peck on the cheek. "We can't get out of schedule." Erik grumbled and began preparing breakfast.

Charles looked at him, and thought of how sweet life was with Erik. How easy and effortless it was. Maybe he would surprise him with a bubble bath when he got home.

"Here you go, sweetums." Erik smiled as he passed Charles a plate of pancakes, slathered with butter and syrup. It was funny that Erik was most definately not a morning person, but was able to whip up gourmet breakfasts in minutes.

Charles and Erik sat down to eat in silence. It was not a uncomfortable silence, but just a sweet easy silence, made comfortable by years of love. When Erik left for work, or to attend to the mansion, Charles kissed him goodbye and went to work on his lesson plans for the coming year.

This was life with Erik, for Charles at least.