Horror at Buangan

This is my first time writing a horror story

This takes place in the Philippines, in a little City in the Visayas called Ormoc.

Please, if you have any comments I'd really like to read them.

And read my other stories as well

_____________________________________________________________________________

“Are we there yet?”

This was the common complaint of Renz, a teenager with mocha-toned skin and jet-black hair that was cut into a barbers cut. “Almost,” Glacel said, a girl that had her hair flow down her back with milk-toned skin. They were riding a blue tricycle, together with their class mates Jade, a girl that had her hair ponytailed and dark-tones skin and commonly referred to by her friends as a ‘Black Beauty’ despite the fact that she was not black, Ronel, a tall boy that mostly considered by her friends as a big brother, and Andrei, a boy with fair-toned skin and also has jet-black hair and commonly mistaken as Renz and Vice-Versa.

The five classmates were headed towards their classmate, Danica’s house. Andrei looked at his wrist watch. 5: 43 PM. “Remind me again why we’re going there?” he asked, regretting his decision to come.

“We need to get the T-shirts from Danica,” Jade replied, “Glacel and Renz went over to her Granma’s house but she said Danica is at their house.” “And why did we have to come along?” asked Ronel.

“Well,” Glacel said from the back seat next to Jade, “we thought it would be good for all of us to go togeth-“ She was cut off by Renz’ ringing phone. He retrieved it from his pocket and answered, “Hello?” He was greeted by her mother’s voice.

“Renz, where are you?” she asked.

“I’m with my friends,” he replied, “We’re heading to Danica’s house to pick up some T-shirts”

“Did you forget? We’re having a get-together and you said you’d invite your friends over.”

“Oh, right,” he faced his friends and asked, “Guys, we’re having a small get-together at our house and I was wondering if you guys would be interested to go there?” without hesitation, they all said yes.

“Okay mom, expect four of my friends,” he said back to his mom and hang up.

Minutes later they arrived at Buangan. They hopped off the tricycle and paid their fare. “So,” Andrei said, “Where’s Danica’s house?” “Um,” Glacel said, biting her lower lip and looking around, “Now that I think about it, I forgot.” Right then, the other four shouted, “What?” in Unison

“Then how are we supposed to get to her house when nobody even knows where it is?” Ronel asked

“Just give me a sec, okay” Glacel looked around some more. To the west, the sun was already setting. Houses lined the side of the road and to their left a rocky road was heading towards more houses but they have to pass through many trees first. ”Oh, I remember now,” she said,”Their house is over there, through this rocky road”

“Then why didn’t you tell the driver to take us there instead?” Jade asked, slightly annoyed that they have to walk the rest of the way.

“Well it’s too late now,” Ronel said, “The tricycle’s already gone and there are no any other one.” so the five of them decided to walk, that is, until one of them proposed to make it a race and they ran all the way.

It didn’t take long for them to reach a big tree that served as a mark that they’re close to Danica’s house. A cool breeze blew over them and made each one shiver.