Chapter 27

Sydney POV:
The rest of the school was so stressful trying to avoid Zach was so difficult everywhere I looked I saw him around the corner looking at me and I just felt disgusted when I saw him and he would always try to talk to me but I just walked away. Uhhhhg it was just a stressful, I went to my locker to get my money for lunch and as I'm at my locker I run my fingers through my hair in frustration "he just needs to leave me alone". I slam my locker and as I'm walking I run into a strong figure which ends up with me starting to fall but he catches me " careful Sydney you Should watch where your going" and he laughs and my eyes open wide "Jonathan ?" And I smile big as I give him a big hug and he smiles "hey little one long time no see how's my best friend". I look at him shrug " eh it could be better if zach left me alone " and he sighs as he wraps his arm around my neck and we begin to walk to lunch " well I'm here now so if he tries anything I will teach him a lesson " I laugh as I walk with him " it's so good to have you back jon I've missed my little buddy and I pat his back an he scoffs " little ha I'm taller then you squirt". I scrunch my nose at him and stick my tongue out "hey but I'm older then you" Jon rolls his eyes " only by two months Syd let's go eat I bet your hungry" and I nod as we head to lunch to see my friends and Conner.

After me and Jon get our lunch I look around for Conner and out friends "so tell me what are your friends like again?" An I roll my eyes and nudge him " well you remember Zoe and Humza and I might have a boyfriend now as well" and his eyes widen as he wraps his arm around my shoulder " boyfriend huh well now this I have to see cause if he does what zach did then I'm gonna go all brother bear on him". I laugh as I finally see them "don't worry he's great better then zach by a long shot " and he smiles " good cause no one hurts my little sister " and I blush as we walk over to them.

Conner POV:

I'm sitting with Zoe and Humza waiting on my baby girl as I eat my apple and look out at the fields at our school and smile to myself thinking about Sydney and how much she has changed my life and made it for the better and I start smiling big and Humza notices it and nudges me " what's got you spacing out bud?". I look at him shrug as I lean against a tree " just thinking about my girl" and Zoe smirks " you love her so much don't you?" I look at her and nod " yes a lot actually, I've never felt like this before and honestly I feel like she's the "one " and I know we are so young and it's only junior year but idk every time it see her I immediately smile cause she's the sunshine in my heart". Zoe puts her hand on her heart in awe " that's so cute and romantic She's so lucky she has you in her life, she deserves it after everything" I nod in agreement as I begin to sigh " where is she anyway?" Zoe looks around and then points out " their she is" and I look towards she was pointing and I take a double look to see some guy with his arm wrapped around her and that makes my blood boil as I watch her smile big and laugh at what he is saying " who's that with his arm around her" I clench my jaw and Zoe looks and her eyes widen "omg is that Jonathan it's been so long since we have seen him he's basically her big brother their friendship is so close" and she smiles big and I'm still pissed that she lets him be that close to her and as soon as they make it to us she smiles big as she introduces him to us and Humza and Zoe greet him as he sits down and Sydney sits right next to him and hugs him and he hugs her back. I noticed the way he looked at her and my anger grew as she talked to him and Zoe, she didn't even notice I was even hear or even give me my welcome. So I just decide to walk away in frustration and I hear Humza call my name out but ignore it cause of the fact I was so angry. Then I hear Sydney call my name and that's when I stop and turn around to see her upset "Conner what's wrong? Why did you walk away from everyone" and I roll my eyes " oh please Don't play dumb with me you clearly forgot about me and talk to your little buddy" . Now this brought to her attention and she raised her eyebrow at me "what are you talking about I've known Johnny forever me and him are just friends that's it and I have a right to have guy friends especially ones that are my childhood friends". I scoff as I throw my hands up in the air " omg Sydney you are so fucking clueless I saw the way he was looking at you he's into you Sydney an I can tell just by the way u look at him and the fact you let him that close to you just sums it all I don't want to see you near him cause he's trouble" I see her mouth part slightly after hearing that from me but I was too mad to care " you know what Conner go fuck your self , you can't tell me who I can and can't be around I thought you were different and would do this to me Jon is my best friend and that's it and I'm not gonna stop being around him I can't believe you just said that to me..." And then I saw tears in her eyes and that's when my heart saddened "your just like Zachary" and that's the last thing she said before she turned and ran away from me leaving me with my heart crushed after hearing her say that. "Fuck what did I do..."