0.2

[ luke's pov ]

after a long day, i go across the school to sam's locker. god, she always looks so beautiful. i don't even know how someone like her can even exist: so gorgeous, intelligent, funny, kind-hearted, yet so humble. she's just so, ugh. samantha parker will be the death of me. not literally, because, well, i can't die.

she always has some sort of nickname every time i meet her. and oddly enough, she's never chosen sam – and she's never been so sweet. in her last life, she was a total bitch to everyone, so i had to be a dick to get her. and when she found out that i was her long-but-not-so-lost love, she went soft. as i approach her locker, calum is standing next to her locker. god damnit, i think, she was supposed to be mine.

i've known calum for way too long, and in almost every one of our lives he tries to steal samantha from me. it never works, though. she's my true love.

as i approach sam's locker, i nod at calum, in a way of saying hey, i know you. you're that bitch who tries stealing sam but never succeeds. but as long as you're keeping sam happy, we might be able to be acquaintances. "hey, sam." i smile at her.

she closes her locker and turns to me, "hello, luke."

"who's this?" i ask her, pretending to not know him.

"this is calum. and before you assume anything, he's gay." she laughs. oh, he's playing gay now.

"i'm not gay!" he yells, earning a few stares from people. oh, he's actually not playing gay, just acting like it. "god, if i was gay i would be hitting on ashton irwin, but do you see me all touchy-feely on his abs? do you, sam? do you fucki —"

"anyways," she turns away from calum and to me, "hi, luke. so, do you happen to have a phone?" she politely asks.

i nod and pull out my phone. i hold it up and shake it before putting it away in my back pocket.

she laughs and i raise my eyebrow.

"you're a dumbass, luke." calum states.

"what? what did i do?"

they just stare at me. did she want it for something?

oh my god, luke. you fucking dipshit. she wanted your number.

"oh, yeah. i get it now." i hold up my pointer finger as a sign to give me a second to get my phone and unlock it. i pull up the contact app and set up a new contact for sam.

"atta boy, lucas." calum says and pats my shoulder.

i send him a dirty look. "uh, here you go, sam." i hand her the phone.

"thanks, luke." she giggles. i'm in love with that giggle. always have been, always will be. literally. after a few moments of her typing and calum and i giving each other looks, she hands me my phone back.

i look at her contact name.

"i'll text you now so i don't forget." i smile.

she stares at my lip ring for a couple seconds before replying: "okay. um, so, you're a junior like us, right?"

i just nod.