Chapter 1

If I said I never fell in love that would be a lie. It's true that I had girlfriends in the past but they were never like her. Her eyes were bright blue, her hair golden blonde and she always wore that bright shade of pink lipstick. I will never forget the day that she walked into class.
Tuesday, November 18, 2013. Freshman year at Eagle High School. It was third period and exactly 9:14 a.m. because that's when the late bell rings. She drifted in like she owned the place and she did. Well, at least every guy in the class. We all had our eyes on her. The girls being judgemental, the guys drooling. I was in a trance. I didn't even notice that she said anything when our teacher Mr. Falkreath spoke to her.
She walked past with such a beautiful stride, my eyes following her every move. The teacher must have ask her name because the only thing I remember hearing was, "Okay Annie. Thank you for joining our class. You can sit next to Jack for now." My heart skipped a beat and I temporarily stopped breathing. She looked right at me with her blue eyes piercing mine. I wanted to hide, or run, or something so I didn't have to suffer embarrassment.
Annie glided to the seat next to mine and I was staring straight ahead trying not stare. I was praying so hard for her not to speak to me because I didn't know what to say. Should I play it cool or sweet? Should I make the move first? I didn't know what to do, all I could think about was how to breathe again.

"Hi. I'm Annabelle Carter. What's your name?"

Her voice is so unbelievable sweet and airy. It sounds like those girls on Japanese animes, just too cute to handle. Still struggling to breathe and sweating a little I finally said something.

"Hi Jack. I mean my name is Jack. I didn't mean to call you Jack because you told me your name was Annie. Or Annabelle. Or would you prefer Annie because I mean I can call you be either if you prefer."
I have never felt so stupid in my life. She just giggles, her laugh is like a thousand angels singing all at once. "Either is fine.", she finally says. I usually don't believe in love at first sight, but this is one of those moments.