Rule #1: Trust No One

"Jazmine!"Huey shouted, walking towards the mirror. His cheeks had reddened and it wasn't because of the lipstick.

"You got your stupid makeup on my face!"he complained, wiping the red kiss mark from his cheek.

"Sorry, I was showing you my gratitude," Jazmine said, embracing him from behind.

"Oh Huey, I'm so so happy, I thought you forgot about me. I cried all day, but you made it all that go away," She said, buried her face against his back.

All of this touching was just too much for Huey. Bad enough, she kissed him, he felt so overwhelmed.

"Jazmine stop!" He yelled, grabbing her arms.

"Would you like a piece of cake?"Jazmine offered, trying to make him feel better.

" I don't want any damn cake because I really did forget about you. I had no idea it was your birthday until Ceaser told me. The only reason I brought you a gift because I felt pity for you." He said, pushing Jazmine.

Her face was filled with tears again and he cared, but he didn't want to care.

"I don't care about that stupid necklace, and most importantly, I don't care about your stupid birthday!"he yelled, storming out her room then he came back and yelled.

"And take off that damn makeup! You look like a damn clown!" Huey stormed out of her room again.

.

.

Huey rushed inside his bedroom with an attitude.

"Aaugh!" He expressed, knocking the lamp off his desk. He sat and crossed his arms. Riley, who witnessed the whole thing, looked at his enraged brother like he was crazy.

"What's wrong witchu?" Riley asked.

"Nothing, " he stated coldly. Riley grinned widely.

"Ooh, I know. You forgot Jazmine's birthday" Riley stated. "They had a whole birthday party and everything, but nobody came except me and Grandad" he explained.

Huey remained silent as Riley continued. "Yeah, Jazzy was being a crybaby so we took some cake to go. We were gonna save you some, but she had a big ass piece of cake for you at her crib. She actually thought ya ass was still coming" he said, laughing hysterically.

Huey didn't like to be laughed at.

"Shut up, " he hollered.

Riley stopped laughing and walked over to him.

"You mad or Nah?" he said, laughing again. He started taunting him about him forgetting Jazmine's birthday.

Huey growled and balled up his fist.

"Get out!" He said.

"Nigga, this my room too, you can't kick, Aah!" Riley screamed as Huey chased him out the room.

Huey laid flat on his bed thinking about how awful he treated Jazmine. Not to mention, he missed her birthday party. Then right when he gains a chance to make things better he yells at her and makes her cry once more.

All because he felt something, the feeling made him feel uncomfortable. He didn't understand it and when she hugged him the way she did made things even worse. Jazmine always hugged him, but this time was different because she kissed him. That soft kiss on his cheek reminded him so much of his mother. His actions towards Jazmine was just his natural reaction he gets when something reminded him of his parents.