dix-huit [full]

Park Ara slowly packed all of her school books away.

Normally, when people commit suicide, isn't it when they've had enough – their day has been absolutely execrable; they feel completely dead mentally.

This wasn't the same for Ara.

She was just so done, so drained and so tired.

She hadn't consumed a proper meal within the past nine months, which resulted in her almost stumbling out of the empty classroom. Her legs were weak, her vision becoming blurred at the sides.

As she trudged out of the school grounds, atrocious cruelties and insults were hurled at her left and right from most students.

For some reason, they hated her.

For some reason, they never liked her.

Usually she would brush every insult off, trying to stay positive.

However, that day, she breathed in every comment that screamed she was of disparage. It was as if she had deprived herself of the oxygen her lungs desperately vociferated for, and these insults were fresh air.

It was conspicuous that she was going to faint from the lack of food and pure exhaustion she had experienced for the past nine months.

Yet she was pertinacious about leaving this so called "world" full of sickeningly fake human beings.

As a result of this, she warily climbed up the numerous stairs that eventually led to the roof top of the school, her breathing becoming ragged, her legs aching in intense pain.

She pushed the large metal door with all of her strength, gasping when it easily opened and left her sprawled on the floor in an uncomfortable position. Although there was a tiny spark of hope left in her about her current situation gradually improving, she was adamant about her suicide.

So she dragged her attenuated and fragile body towards the edge.

The ethereal sight of the sunset distracted her, though.

Baby pink mixing together with icterine and coquelicot, like watercolours sinking into each other within the palette. Creating the most aesthetically pleasing sky ever to be viewed, with no clouds to be seen.

Should I do it?

The sky is so pretty, though..

Maybe if I moved away, started again..

Maybe it would be okay.

She carefully sat on the very edge, admiring the beauty of the earth.

I'll decide later.