Chapter 1: First Day

Angel Moore P.O.V.

"Angel! Wake up, wake up, wake up!" It was Florence, my ten year old sister. "Mom says if you don't, she'll never buy you anymore Jordan's!" I sprang up, because Jordan's are life.

"Okay, I'm up, jeez," I rub my eyes. "Must you always wake me up like that?"

"Yes. NOW, GET UP!" She continued to jump in my bed. I push her off, causing her to fall on the floor, hurting her arm. "Ow! Meanie!" I laugh, and get up, heading for the bathroom. The shower is warm and soothing, and my phone is on a ledge, playing 'Trouble', by Iggy Azalea, featuring Jennifer Hudson.

"I can tell by the way that you lean, and the way you kiss your teeth. And you turn up so fresh and clean, seems like trouble to me." I sing along to Jennifer Hudson's solo. I open my closet, and pick out our school outfit; black blazer, white button up shirt, black pants, grey socks, grey Jordan's.

Florence and Myra were at the table, eating Fruit Loops.

"Where's mom?" I asked, opening the cupboard and grabbing some Kellogs Smorez cereal. The milk was already on the table, as well as a bowl with a spoon.

"Work, dumbo," Myra rolls her eyes. "Where else? Anyway, you're meant to take me and Flo to school."

"Okay." I've been trying to channel my anger around Myra, 'cause sometimes, she's really annoying. "I hate this uniform, don't you?"

"Yeah! Why can't it be own clothes? Gosh." Florence complains, tugging at her skirt.

~ ~ ~

I was in the Princepal's Office, getting my things.

"Here you are, Miss Moore. Your files, locker numbers, and schedule. My name is Frank Griffin, and I'm your princepal." He gives me a folder.

"Thank you, sir." After leaving, I see Myra and Florence talking to these four boys. What did they get themselves into, now? Oh, brother.

"So, this is your sister?" One of them with two braids asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah! Her name is Angel." Florence squeals, pulling me in front. "Angel, say, hi."

"Hi?" I open my locker, putting the folder inside, taking out my schedule.

"Let me see your schedule, shawty." A boy with an afro, mixed skin, sunglasses, black pants, blazer, white button up shirt, and black Jordan's with neon green laces.

I give him my schedule. "Here. My first period is. . . Math."

"Great! I have math too. Looks like we have identical classes. . . Except Science." He tells me, running his hands through his thick afro.

"Awesome." I smile, and realize my hair was in the way. "Myra, you got a hairband?"

"Yeah, here ya go." She passes a black and green one.

"Hey, been looking for this." Before I can tie up my hair, the guy with the afro stops me.

"It looks nice like that." I stare at him, and he starts blushing. Smirking, I give it back to Myra.

"Then, I won't tie it up. Let's go to class. By the way, what's your name?"

"I'm Princeton. This is Ray Ray, Prodigy and Roc Royal." Really? Is Prince lying?

"That really ya'll name?" Florence takes the words out my mouth.

"Heck, no!" Prodigy scrunches up his face. "Nicknames. My real name' Craig, Roc's name is Chersanto, well, we call him Santo, Ray's name is Rayan, and Princeton is Jacob."

"Jacob," I admire his name. "I like that." He blushes, yet again.

~ ~ ~

I've been getting looks from this girl known as Lyric Quinn. Apparantly, she's the most popular girl in school. I made some new friends, though. Monita Tubbs, Courtney Figure, and Ashlynn Jefferson.

(A/N: Well, yeah. I'll show you Monita, Courtney in the next chappie. For now, stay Mindless, peeps.)