We need to talk

I was woken up by my phone playing 'Zombie'.

I groaned and grabbed the pillow from behind my head, putting it over my face, there was no blocking out the music though.

I threw the pillow across the room and pulled my covers off me.

I stood and slowly dragged myself over to my desk, grabbing my phone and checking the caller ID -it was my best friend, Sophie- before answering

"What you wanting?" Was the first thing I asked when I picked up

"Is that any way talk to your best friend?" She gasped

"Are you kidding me? It's-" I pulled my phone away from my ear to check "nine o'clock in the feckin' morning, what the hell is wrong with you?"

"I just wanted to talk to my best friend, is that such a crime?" She asked

"Bull, what're you after?"

"Okay, your coming out with my today and we're going to have a pamper session" she said, making it sound as if I had no choice in the matter "and no, you don't have a choice, I need help and you have amazing fashion sense, even if you won't wear half the shit you choose"

"Why do you need help? Got a hot date?" I joked, belly flopping onto my bed

"Yes actually"

"I would ask but to be quite frank I really don't care who it's with. Be here by ten, if you're late I'm not going" I said, hanging up the phone before she could argue

I knew she'd be running around like a headless chicken try to get ready but I didn't really care, it's what she gets for waking me up.

I rolled off my bed and walked into the hall only to bump into a fecking wall.

I groaned, looking up at my brother who was like two feet taller than me, not even joking.

"Mum wants you" was all he said before walking away

"Well mum can wait!" I shouted after him as I walked towards the bathroom.

After a quick shower I wrapped myself in a towel and ran into my room.

I spent about fifteen minutes rummaging through my wardrobe before deciding on a pair of dark skinny jeans, a loose tank top with a black heart on it and plain black high tops.

I applied some light makeup, focusing mainly on my eyeliner cause, like, the flick is life.

"Karma Alexa Croix!" I heard my mum scream up and I immediately dropped everything to run down, I knew I was in major trouble when she used my full name.

"Yes mother dearest?" I asked as I slid into the kitchen

She was rummaging through the drawers when I came in, looking for something so she barely glanced up at me

"We need to talk" she muttered, finally finding what she was looking for as she pulled out what looked to be a letter from the drawer.

I heard a car honk outside and checked the time on my phone. Five to ten.

"Okay but can we do it later cause that's my ride and I really need to go. Bye, I love you" I rushed out as I leaned over the counter and kissed her cheek before running out the house.

I sighed as I entered Sophie's car

"Took you long enough" she muttered

"Oh just shut up and drive will you" she gave me a look and drove off