True Love

Huni handed Maria and Haruhi a piece of chocolate cake. Both girls smiled and took a bite. The doors opened, causing a cold breeze to hit the trio. 

"Did someone arrive late?" Maria asked. 

"Fashionably late?" Haruhi joked. Both girls smiled. 

Huni frowned when he noticed who arrived. 

"Isn't that Tamaki's grandma?" Hikaru asked, taking a bite of a pineapple slice. "Sour.." Kaoru murmured at his own slice. 

The lady looked bored, and was not impressed at all with the decorations. What a pity, Maria loved them. 

"I don't like her." Huni muttered, looking down. 

"Huh?" Haruhi asked. Both girls watched as Tamaki came running at his grandma, smiling happily. 

"Grandma! You made it!" Tamaki smiled. "Want some coffee? I made it myself!" Tamaki seemed eager for her to try it. 

But... she wasn't.

His grandma frowned, and slapped the expensive cup out of Tamaki's hand. "I'm not drinking something you made! You're spending so much time flirting with girls, that your becoming blind, boy! You'll always be a disgrace!" She yelled. 

The cup shattered on the floor, and the coffee that took Tamaki forever to make was now rotting on the ground. Maria knew Tamaki put as much love and care into that coffee. Tamaki didn't know if she was coming, but he put so much effort into it. It made Maria agitated again. 

"At this rate, Maria will pass out after the party." Mr. Saki sweat dropped. Mr. Suoh nodded in agreement. "She'll grow older than 30 before she even turns 20." Mr. Suoh added. 

Chapter 16

True Love

Maria set down her plate of cake on the table near her, and made her way towards the two Suoh's. She put on a blank face and stood next to Tamaki. 

"Miss Suoh, how are you?" She asked monotonously. The old women looked over at Maria, and twisted her face in disgust. 

"Who are you? Another petty girl Tamaki hangs around with?" She spat. Mr. Saki began to have fire flaming around him. Mr. Suoh tried to blow it out by shooing it away with flicks of his wrist. 

"Who are you? An ungrateful bitch who didn't want her son to love who he chooses?" Maria asked blankly, blinking. 

Mr. Suoh froze. It was true. 

"You little-" Maria caught her wrist before she could slap her. 

"My, how disobedient. In front of all these important business partners? In front of the Ootori group?" Maria's hand gently gripped the lady's wrist. "Don't you have enough wrinkles?" Maria gave her a bored look. 

Tamaki's eyes widened. Did she dissed his grandmother? 

"Go Maria!" The twins quietly cheered, chewing on their pineapple. 

"I'll sue you! Break apart your company!" The bitch spitted on Maria's face. 

Maria's eyes squinted. "Tamaki is a perfect boy, who brings life to the Host Club. He made women happy, and he can easily be familiar with rich people! Why not take advantage of that, instead of ruining his life?!" Maria growled. "Plus, how can you sue me?" 

The women squinted her eyes too. 

"I'm the Saki's family daughter." Her words slapped Tamaki's grandma into realization. 

"I'll see you in court." Maria smirked. 

"For what?! You can't hold me against jack shit! I didn't do anything wrong!" Tamaki's grandma was cocky. 

"Child abuse, one of the most serious cases. Also, you broke a marriage against a couple's will. That's invasion of privacy and harassment." Maria let go, and took Tamaki's hand. 

"Plus, I personally see your grandson as a beautiful boy. If he's such a waste, then your throwing away a valuable piece. If your son married the love of his life, and had a bright loving son, why the hell would you punish him for it?" Maria looked at the lady and leaned in, until their noses were an inch away. 

"The world didn't deserve trash like you." Maria bluntly stated. 

The lady squinted her eyes and jabbed a sharp finger nail into Maria's chest. "I won't let this slide, know this. I'll personally see to it that your days of happiness are over, and you won't see the light of day again. Prison, is where this will get you. You piece of disgrace!" She spat. 

Maria was suddenly pushed behind Tamaki. Tamaki looked at his grandmother with a hardened look. "Don't you dare speak to Maria like that." He growled. 

"What do you know-" 

Mr. Saki walked between the two, his tall figure of6′ 3″ towering between them. "Enough. Mrs. Suoh, please go. You're not welcomed here anymore. And please, don't speak to my daughter and her friend like that." 

The women 'tched' and turned around, walking off. Mr. Saki turned up his nose and walked away towards Mr. Suoh, who looked shaken. 

Maria looked back at Tamaki. Her eyes softened. "Tama-" 

Suddenly Tamaki's lips crashed into her's. 

The twins, who were watching, chocked on their pineapple. Tamaki made the first move?! Now Hikaru owed Kaoru 10 dollars. Sadly, Hikaru was currently broke. His mother refused to give him money until he agreed to help her model her newest (and embarrassing) outfit design.  

Maria's eyes widened, and time stood still. They didn't notice her father, who dropped his wine glass, or Haruhi, who secretly took pictures beside Kyoya; who casually fainted onto the couch. All that didn't matter. All that mattered was now, and right now, she was high up among the Asterism she aimed for. She felt like she could fly, just for him. Her true love, Tamaki Suoh. 

Tamaki shut his eyes tightly, and felt tense. He didn't mean to kiss her, he aimed for a hug. But his actions moved on their own. And Tamaki couldn't feel more thankful. He felt like he could die happy now. Was this his confession, because it felt right. So right. Tamaki ignored everything, all that mattered was her. Not Kyoya, who had his soul flying towards the ceiling, not even his father who looked like he could die from fangirling. All that mattered was her. His true love, Maria Saki. 

The two broke away, slightly panting. They stared into each other's shining eyes. All emotions collapsed, all their despair and frustration was dumped away. Both their faces slowly turned red, and Tamaki looked away in embarrassment. Maria, whose eyes were wide, suddenly smiled wholeheartedly.

"I love you." Maria grinned. She couldn't stop smiling. 

Tamaki's eyes shined. He looked over and he felt like crying. All his emotions for her, all his doubts she didn't love him back. It's now melting into relief.  

"I-I love you too!" Tamaki smiled a teary smile. 

"Tamaki? Are you crying?" Maria looked at Tamaki's eyes with her widened ones. 

"I-I'm just- just so happy!" Tamaki cried, smiling the brightest smile Maria's seen in a while. 

Maria and Tamaki smiled at each other. 

Mr. Saki smiled at the scene, he felt like squealing. The girls, who watched, were silent. They suddenly screamed "I ship it!". Hikaru and Kaoru began fighting. "I don't owe you anything! Maria was the first one to say 'I love you'!" "But Tamaki made the first move! Did that kiss not mean anything?!". Mr. Souh was smiling happily. 

Tamaki's life was finally brightened. 

Maria was finally among the Asterism.