chapter 1: An Old Friend

Jonathan point of view

Tomorrow is my first day of high school since to big mover from North Carolina to Canada. I just have to get used to the colder weather, otherwise in fine with move. The only sad part about it was so had to leave my friends, Ohm, Felix, Cry, Ken, Jin, Ross, both Adams, Chilled, and Panda.

They always helped me through my ups and downs. They helped with my 'problem'
I always had this problem since the first, my mother doesn't know I do. I don't have my dad anymore, he is in jail for a wile. One, breaking my mothers nose, beating the dog and throwing the cat at the wall, burning my arm, drunk and driving, and many more. So we shouldn't see him anytime soon. My mother doesn't know that every day, a couple cuts appear on my wrist and thigh. If my mother found out, it would break her already broken heart. But she is working on it, she has a new boyfriend by the name of Zane who is the sweetest guy. My mother had a job where she is gone most if the day of the week but Zane checks on me a lot. He even got me a X Box for no reason. I sighed as I got in bed, waiting for tomorrow, let's hope it all goes well.

Beep beep beep beep

I groaned and hit the snooze. I got up and brushed my hair, it was a brown in the style of a Mohawk except the hair was longer and mainly went to one side of my head. I brushed my teeth and got my blue hoodie, black sweatpants, black boots, and grey shirt. I pulled my sleeves down as far as they could I don't want any attention form my mother or anybody at school.

I walked down the street and saw that there were two other guys and a girl. The girl was short, long dirty blonde hair and a long black dress and was hanging to a guy that was tall, red jacket with two white stripes, black skinny jeans, red converse, sunglasses, and his hair was black. The other guy was small, short brown hair, glasses, a Pokemon shirt on, sweatpants, and black sneakers. One came running down the street, glasses, tall, a shirt with "wildcat" on it, black sweatpants, and brown hair. The small guy stood up and smiled. The guy that previously ran down the street waved at me and I waved back. Everybody turned around and smiled. I walked up to them with a smile. "Hello" I said "Sup dude! I'm Tyler!" The one with the wildcat shirt said.
"I'm Craig, but I'm more known as Mini" the one with h the Pokemon shirt said and Tyler wrapped his am around his neck and rubbing his head "because you so small" Tyler laughed
"I'm Evan" The one with the red jacket said. I found his voice soothing
Ah no stop Jonathan
"I'm Sydney, his girlfriend" the girl with the dress said and clung to Evan's arm. "Nice to meet you all, I'm Jonathan" I said and waved, cautious of my sleeves.
"So when does the bus come?" I ask and Mini pointed down the street "now" he said and we all got on the bus.

Once I got on the bus I heard a gasp and my name following. It sounded so familiar. I looked when the voice came from and my jaw dropped and u rushed to his seat. "Jin?! Is that really you?!" I asked, almost crying. He laughed "no crap it me, who else has purple eyes? Anyways what are you doing here?!" He asked as his arms wrapped around me. "I could ask you the same thing" I chuckled
"Are you two dating?" Tyler asked and Jin let go "nope, just friends. I haven't seen him in years" Jin replied and Tyler nodded, sitting back down with Mini.

"Lemme see" Jin said "see what?" I ask and he sighs. He grabbed my arms and pulled the sleeves up. His eyes widened and he moved the black hair that was covering his left eye. His grip loosened and he sat on the bench. "Jonathan, why, wait. Did you dad get out of jail?!" He asked and I covered his mouth. "No he didn't, and I don't know a habit" I answered honestly. "Well a nasty one. You need to stop" he said and I rolled my sleeves down and looks away. "I know Jin, I just don't know what to do" I said and looked back at him, his purple eyes focused on mine. "Please just try. And I'm coming with you after school home. I bet you mom will be happy to see me" he said and sat up sassily. I laughed and got up. "Idiot. The bell is gonna ring. Let's go back inside" I said and started to walk to the cafeteria.

"So this is where ya live now?" Jin asked and I nodded. I opened the door "MOM! I HOME AND I BROUGHT A FRIEND!" I yelled and she walked in the doorway. Her mouth widened in a giant smile. She walked up and hugged Jin. "Oh Jin! How long has it been?" My mother asked
"Uh 6 years?" Jin chuckled "is your mother around?" She asked and he nodded. She smiled "well you to go do what ever! I'll be done here if you need me!" My mother smiled and we both ran upstairs

Hello! Thank you for reading the first chapter of this book! Stick around for further updates!
Follow, vote, and comment!

~Kat out!