one

he sat there for six days, looking at the same blank sheet of paper, with the same exact pen resting at the top of his bottom lip. he showed no sign of aggravation at the fact that no lyric has popped into his mind. multiple crumpled sheets of paper sit on the table in front of him along with his third cup of coffee.

she sat there for six days, looking at the same blank canvas, with the same exact pencil resting in between her teeth. she sighs in aggravation at the fact that she has basically ran out of things to draw. multiple crumpled sheets of paper sit on the table in front of her along with her third cup of tea.

they sit at the same, small, coffee shop, on opposite ends of the room. it's a saturday afternoon, and it's quiet. some of the employees has gone home already since rush hour has passed hours ago.

small guitar rifts are in the background, tuning in the girl's attention. she needs to rest her aching mind, so she pushes away her sketchbook, and leans forward, just sipping the chai she gets free since she's a regular.

her mind was cut off from the music at the loud crackle from the other side of the shop. it sounded like paper. a boy was sitting there. she sees him every time shes at the shop, but never got a good look at his face as he is facing away from her. his hair his messy and a light brown. he runs his hands through it, seeming to get tired a bit. he yawns, confirming the girl's thoughts.

he closes his book and stretches, drinking the last of his coffee. the nice waitress named "bexly" tells him that his drinks were on the house and he can leave whenever he'd like.

he thanks her. his voice sounds like music to the girl's ears.

the boy grabs his book and tucks it under his arm, and puts his pen behind his ear.

she looks closely at the front of his book and there is a small little dandelion in the corner that he seemed to have drawn on the hard cover.

just as he is about to leave the shop, he turns around, giving one last look at the shop.

he makes eye contact with the girl.

and smiles.

**

yea it sucks but that's the point